eleven, 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

Everything on the menu was awfully expensive, I felt bad.

"You want wine?" Timothée asked.

"I don't care." I answered looking at him then back to the menu. I hate drinking, but didn't want to tell him that. I was nervous enough as is to be difficult. I kept my nose in the menu actings as if I was more invested on that then the wine he was ordering.

"Alright it might be the actor in me, but--what is your favorite movie?" he cupped his face in his hands and still had so much excitement in his eyes despite me being me. I appreciated it. 

Just tell me your intentions dude.

"Oh--" I sighed and threw my head back scrunching my nose in thought, "You're gonna hate it." I confessed looking back to him who seemed even more curious now. His hair framed his face so well, but I just wanted to run my hands through it and mess it all up. I snapped my attention back to him quickly hoping he wouldn't notice my small distraction.

"No judgments I promise." he put his pinkie finger out and I grabbed it with mine. I pursed my lips and hesitated for a moment but our eyes were just glued on each other as he awaited my answer.

"Pineapple Express." I sighed.

"Second favorite?" he said more hopeful.

"Scott Pilgram vs The World." he let out an audible groan this time.

"Third?"

"It gets worse-- I don't like watching movies." I confessed and his eyes got big.

"How?" he let go of my pinkie now.

You really ruined this one dumbass.

"I get bored easily!" I tried to defend my face, "and I hate getting attached to characters just for the movie to end." I told him the truth, which I wasn't expecting. My go to favorite movie with anyone else is, Pulp Fiction or something of the sort, but that's his job... I couldn't get into a conversation about movies I had never seen.

"You are so strange Magnolia..." he chuckled a bit which made me roll my eyes. 

"Should I lie to you instead?" I giggled in response. He had to have known how blatant my flirting is becoming; I just wasn't sure about his. I didn't wait for his answer as I blurted out, "Call Me By Your Name was so aesthetically pleasing and a great story, but it was sad." as if I of all people had the right to explain movie aesthetics.

"Not everything has a happy ending." he said cryptically which made me laugh a little more. 

"But how great would it be if things did." he just had the same smile on his face not bored or even annoyed with me. The waiter came back with the wine and filled up two glasses for us. 

After he left, Timothée held up his glass for us to clink it softly. I brought my glass to my mouth and looked at him who was already taking a drink. I took a sip of the bitter wine doing my best to not make a face.

"Do you like it?" he asked. I could tell he was nervous about his pick, and I would actually beat myself up if I ever made this man upset.

"Yeah." I lied for his sake, earning one of his gorgeous smiles.

As the conversation went on, I took the lead by asking questions; he was interested in my interest in him. Not in a conceded way either, he didn't seem bothered by my questions. He offered them in return seeming just as invested in me as I was him. 

He was such an awkward and silly boy, I really just want to hold him and protect him from anything wrong in our world. He had poured himself a second glass of wine and offered me some despite my full glass. 

"No I'm fine." I waved it off, but his eyes flickered to my glass.

"You hate it," he stated, I opened my mouth to speak, "you can't even lie your cheeks are red." he said with a laugh which made my burning cheeks get hotter.

"You're cute," I sighed this time giving in to my obtrusive thoughts. Was it too far? All I know is I don't want to waste my time playing coy when he could just know how I feel. He fidgeted a bit and I noticed him just as flushed as I was, "look who's face is red now." I joked.

"You're cuter," he winked once he regained his confidence. I had to look away or I would combust, "but you're not getting out of the wine thin--do you want me to get another one?" he offered and my eyes went wide. I felt so bad, this place was obviously pricey, I didn't want him to spend money like that on me, especially.

"No way, I just don't like drinking." I shrugged it off like it was nothing.

"Oh shit really? Why didn't you say anything?" he sat up straighter alarmed with his actions, but he didn't know. Even if I didn't intend it, his concern was heartwarming. 

"I'm nervous." I confessed, his nerves made me feel more comfortable, like I didn't have to be this perfect cool person for him to be interested in. His concern softened with a comforting smle.

"Me too." he said looking at the table. My eyes followed his and it was to his hand that was reaching out towards me. I grabbed it feeling the same sweaty hand I had briefly held before. It was so cute. I flickered my eyes back to him and he was already looking at me, "why don't you like drinking?" he asked this time peering into my mind.

"I hate the way it makes me feel. Trust, I did enough in college." I tucked my hair behind my ear as I softly laughed at what I said. I could feel our grasp getting more relaxed--he really was nervous!  

"You want me to see if they have any weed on the menu?" he asked jokingly pointing behind him.

"Ugh that would be great right now," I picked up my unused straw and pretended to take a hit from it, "I could just be sittin here pretty with no anxiety, just vibes." we both laughed at my bad joke.

As dinner went on, I felt us both loosening up more and more. We talked about our jobs, growing up, everything—I almost regret getting to know him so much. Piecing who he was together, just made me want to hold this boy even more. 

Yesterday he was this movie star who I had serviced in my bakery, now he's humanized with a story and personality. His looks were just an added bonus at this point. I knew it would be a matter of time before he dipped, and I would've gotten too invested. 

"Now I have a question." I stated to him.

"Shoot."

"Dogs or cats?" I looked at him seriously and he sighed. He messed with his food on the plate deep in thought, was the question at hand. 

"Magnolia, I obviously did my research, cats." he answered and I rolled my eyes not knowing which one he truly preferred. However, he did just admit to looking me up online. Even thinking about Timothée made me nervous, let alone looking him up.

"Cats..." I bit my lip thinking, after tonight I wasn't sure what he was in for, and really I don't know either. All I knew was, I didn't want to go home alone, "want to meet my cats?" I asked offering for him to come to my place. His eyes went wide and he smiled in agreement. 

I just invited this really hot actor to my place. I couldn't help my mind go back and forth with the different ways that could play out. I also wasn't sure how I felt about each one. There was a high possibility, that if I sleep with him tonight I'll never hear from him again.

The even worse possibility, is, I'm becoming way too invested and I don't even care. 

*

*

*

A/N: late special update for 420 reads lol thank you! 

pls vote & comments