ᴘʜᴀɴᴛᴏᴍ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 : 𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I will kill all vampires.

That's what the note written in front of us said.

"Do you think it's a threat?" Yui wondered, gazing intently at the white letter with crimson red letters.

"I think things are looking up for us." I smiled at the paper, finding humor in it being taped to the front door of the Sakamaki mansion. Whoever did this must have a real hatred of vampires. I feel like we would make good friends.

"Still..." Yui trailed on, "we should show this to one of them. I have a bad feeling about this."

The note certainly wasn't there when we left to take a walk through the rose garden, so it must've been placed while we were still outside. Who could've done such a thing where we wouldn't have been able to see them?

I turned and patted my hand against the top of Yui's head. "It's okay, nothing will happen to us."

There is some truth in that statement since the begrudged had a problem with vampires and not humans. However, I am a bit worried about who would also know that the Sakamaki's are vampires. I don't think the Mukami's would do this since they are also part of the 'vampires' the note is conspiring against.

Well, sucks for them. Go humans.

I folded up the note and placed it in the waistband of my uniform since this godforsaken skirt didn't have the decency to come with some pockets.

I held the door open for Yui as we both stepped back inside the mansion. I glanced down at my soil covered knees from tripping over the low hedges. To be fair, I still haven't adjusted to the whole staying awake at night, so-

I bumped into Yui who abruptly stopped in front of me. Her eyes widened and her hand was pressed against her mouth.

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Yui what's wrong?"

No reply.

I turned where her gaze was frozen to.

All of them. Dead.

Covered in the distinct blood red, impaled in the chest, and thrown aside like ragdolls. The metallic smell wafted through the air making me nauseous. Never have I imagined death to be like this, never have I seen death like this.

I will kill all vampires.

I quickly untucked the note and stared at the message in disbelief. They didn't get the vampires, they got the familiars.