→CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

—

THE FINALS WERE COMING UP FASTER THAN THEY EXPECTED, sooner than Riku would like to anticipate, there is only one week left until Kunugigaoka's final exams and to say the least...Koro-sensei was excited and much more confident in his teaching capabilities this time around.

Nope. Safe to say that Koro-sensei has gotten much more insane.

"'Why are we fucking studying out here?" Riku grumbled underneath her breath as Koro-sensei sped around the forest area where the rest of her classmates are scattered, her Japanese Literature notes laid out in front of her on the dirty ground.

"You built a solid foundation on the basics in the first semester," Koro-sensei laughed freely. "So I'm sure your performance in the finals will greatly improve."

Riku sighed tiredly.

From a few feet away from her, Nagisa looked up from his notebook as he leaned backward until his back touched the tree trunk. "Koro-sensei, di we have to make the top 50 in the finals?" The blue-haired boy asked.

Koro-sensei answered, "No," Holding up two small flip notes above his eyes, "I was so concerned about your overall score at the time. Students should aim for goals suited for each individual."

"So I've drawn up a perfect target for an assassination class."

Riku glanced up from her notes when her Koro-sensei clone disappeared and came to a full-stop, resulting in a frozen state Koro-sensei in the middle of the space before three clones appeared circling around a certain brown-haired delinquent. "Don't worry!" Koro-sensei started to massage the boy's shoulders. "Even Terasaka-kun will have a chance to achieve his goal!"

Wanting to take a short break, Riku straightened her back and cracked her neck. Putting her notes to the side, she grabbed her new gaming console -- one of the newest and latest versions of a Nintendo Switch, courtesy of Takaoka's money -- and playing one of the games she downloaded.

"As Shiro said," Koro-sensei pulled out a gun. "When I lose a tentacle, my movements are slowed down." As if to prove his point, Koro-sensei shot off one of his tentacles.

"Even one tentacle less can adversely affect me."  The octopus said. "Take a look."

"I can't maintain the quality of my clones. Now there are child clones among us."

"Is that how the quality of your clones diminish?"

"If I lose another one," Another gunshot. "more child clones will be produced. Parent clones will find it difficult to maintain the household."

"That sounds heartbreaking.'

And another gunshot. "If I lose one more...The father clone will disappear this time and the mother clone has to raise the kids on her own.'