→CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

—

RIKU FELT HER BLOOD RUN COLD, "What?" She spat the word like hot fire, a huge contrast to the look in her eyes as she stared dead straight into Asano's smiling ones.

"A gamble." The word rolled off his tongue nicely, but his tone was full of taunt. 

Turning her body so now that she was fully facing the Student Body President, the violets in her eyes seemingly disappeared as it turned to icy-glaciers of blue. Asano had to hold back the shiver that was creeping up his spine.

The shadows of the main campus building loomed over the two students, making this secret rendezvous (or whatever you call it)even more dramatic than it needs to be as the two students stared each other down, none willing to back out.

Riku's gaze turned even colder as her pupils narrowed into slits. "What are you playing at, Asano-san?"

The said boy only raised an eyebrow. "I was not aware that this was some sort of game--"

"What do you want, spit it out you arer wasting my time." Riku was getting impatient and he was getting on her nerves. 

Asano merely rolled his eyes before crossing his arms, leaning his body on the wall that was behind him, doing the same position Riku previously was doing while waiting for him. "As I said, I simply want to gamble with you...I heard you were quite the--"

"Choose your next words wisely, Asano-san." When he didn't think it was possible, Riku's glare intensified.

Asano sighed, this girl, he cleared his throat. "I am sure you know of the small bet our respective classes have made?"

"I've heard a word or two," Riku side-eyed the boy suspiciously, "What about it? Backing out?"

To her disappointment though, a cocky smirk found its way to his lips, "Oh? With who were are up against, I don't think backing out is an option for us, but for you."

Riku couldn't hide the growl that came out of her mouth, her teeth gritting in a form of a snarl. "Do not underestimate the End Class, Asano-san. We are not the same kids you can put down anymore, we won't allow it."

Her gaze suddenly turned dark -- not cold, or icy -- it was a glare that was unsettling for Asano, but he certainly won't admit that, and certainly, not to a student of the supposedly lowest ranking class in school...supposedly.

Something was going on in Class 3-E, they were keeping secrets, and although Asano wanted nothing more to do with those useless children, something boiled in his stomach...it wasn't necessarily something bad, just...disturbing. Like this was too big of a secret, and Asano wanted to find out what that secret is.

And if his father won't tell him anything, maybe Riku -- or any of class 3-E could.

"Did you know that last year, there were 7 students who were expelled?" Asano started, his eyes closing for the slightest moment.