→CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

—

RIKU COULDN'T FIGHT THE NERVES THAT WAS BOILING AT THE PIT OF HER STOMACH, the feeling of exploding into oblivion never seemed more appealing than it did at this very moment. For she never knew that the day would come, the day where she was nervous for the final exams. Walking down to their assigned classroom for the finals, Riku lagged a bit behind from everyone as she looked down at her black school shoes. 

She could feel every fiber of her being tingling with both anxiety and excitement. Riku never knew she could feel so...so jittery...for such...Is this how mere mortals feel during hell week?

Oh, those poor creatures. Those poor unfortunate souls.

She had every right to feel this way though, right?

It wasn't like every other exam she ever took since the age of seven or eight. It wasn't like the weight of her future, her reputation, the class's secret, and the existence of her homeroom was on the line. This stupid gAmbLe -- that idiotic Asano isn't even that good of a gambler -- but then again...It's been so long since she was cornered like this.

And to think it was by some cocky amateur.

Ah, whatever, Riku shook her head as everyone entered their classroom. Just get the highest all-over score and win. Easy-peasy, right?

Ever since the little private bet she and Asano made after school, the lavender-head has been studying day and night for the next few days. Non. Stop. To the point that her parents and even her close friends started to grow concerned.

They all knew how studious Riku Akiyama is, they all knew how diligent and hard-working she was. But to the point where she started to distance herself, disregard her sleep schedule, and even take a break from her games? It started to get a bit worrisome.

YOU HEAR THAT?

AKIYAMA RIKU TOOK A BREAK FROM HER GAMES!

And somehow, everyone who knows her was down-right terrified of this discovery.

However, Riku did notice something.

The absence of a certain sadistic red-head.

Not once during her study period did he try to visit her house to study with her, or even annoy her to the point of wanting to commit arson on every fucking thing she sees and still gains no guilt out of it. BUT, that doesn't mean that Riku will take the opportunity to study in well-needed silence.

But in the back of her mind, Riku's concern grew wary at Karma's words of how he wanted to not study at all.

She couldn't help but wonder how he will do in the exams.