That One Art Major

Dark brown hair blew lightly in the wind and stray strands fell in front of his face perfectly, sparkling hazel eyes and a million dollar smile. A blue scarf, jeans, and gray jacket left unbutton to reveal a matching gray sweater. He was only about a head shorter than Davey and a little on the muscular side. But not too short and not too muscular. Basically perfect.

"Heya Crutch!" He looked from the blonde over to David, his smile falling just a bit as he studied the boy, but returning back to normal almost instantly.

"And you must be David." He stuck out his hand. "Kelly, Jack Kelly."

David shook it. "David Jacobs, nice to meet you!"

"Nice ta meet you too." David picked up the faintest hint of a New York accent. Which didn't really surprise him, per say, he just didn't expect it. Most of the people he met didn't have noticeable accents.

Crutchie and Jack started walking, David in tow. He pulled out his earbuds and played some music. Not trying to seem like he was being left out or anything. Just the fact that, as we've discussed, human interactions is a no and it didn't make it any better with the fact that he barely knew these two. So he turned to music. Something he did often. Just listen. David wasn't much of a talker, never has been, so he resorted to music when he felt uncomfortable, tired, awkward, alone.

"Whatcha listening to?" Jack fell in line with him on the sidewalk making the taller jump slightly and quickly pause his music.

"Whatever comes on." He shrugged.

Jack scoffed. "Well duh. But preferred artists maybe?"

David shrugged again. "Whatever I feel."

Jack rolled his eyes. "Cmon I'm trying to get to know ya!" He bumped David with his elbow, making him laugh lightly.

What was he supposed to say? He listens to music classified as 'super gay.' Conan Gray, Cavetown, the occasional Girl in Red, (her music slaps so sh) well you get the jist. It's not like he wasn't super gay. I mean he was. If we haven't cleared that detail up yet.

"Well what do you listen to?"

Jack rolled his eyes. "Youse avoiding the question."

"Now you're avoiding your question." David smirked as Jack came to the realization of what he had done.

"Good one. I don't know, I don't really listen to music. But I guess Led Zeppelin, Queen, Rolling Stones. Stuff like that."

David nodded, completely pocketing his earbud.

"Now you." Jack encouraged, sounding like a toddler when they played a game and it was their friend's turn. A small sparkle in their eye and dumb smile on their face.

"Conan Gray, Cavetown, Heather is in my shuffle at least twice." He said shyly.

Jack just smiled. "Their stuff is great! Ya got good taste David."

David hoped his cheeks were already pink enough from the cold and Jack didn't see that blush. But alas, the world was never in David Jacobs favor. Jack smirked a crooked smirk. Big and stupid. And charming, beautiful.

Oh boy here we go.

David had had crushes before. He had had a boyfriend before, which didn't end very well might I add, so he knew that feeling. That dumb feeling you get when you have a crush. Most compared it to butterflies, dozens of them fluttering around in your stomach. But not David. No he compared it to......brownies. When you would bake them just for fun with your mom on a rainy day and you look at those trays of brownies and think, I'm going to eat all of those later. And you do, but then you get a bad stomach ache. That's what a crush felt like, having that stomach ache afterwards, because it never worked out.

"He's easy, see why ya picked him Crutch!" Jack teased.

Crutchie glared at Jack and stuck out his tongue. "I didn't pick him, Jack. I don't need a boyfriend. The less moans in the apartment the better." he deadpanned.

David choked on air, he didn't know what to do with that information, but it was there.

"Shut up, Crutch before I throw somethin' at ya."

"Oh yeah? Watcha gonna throw? David?"

"Yeah maybe I will."

David laughed at the twos bickering. He was not trying to get thrown, but these two were something else. So he figured he would stick around.

"Ya like Mexican food?" Jack asked, obviously trying to start up a conversation.

David nodded "I am tagging along for lunch, aren't I?"

Jack put his hands up in mock surrender "Hey just a question!" he smiled.

David's eyes widened. "I'm sorry did that come off rude? I didn't mean it like that." he rambled.

Great first impression David.

"I was kiddin' around." Jack laughed, turning his attention to Crutchie once more, "Overthinks too. Ya sure ya didn't pick him for you?" he teased.

"I picked him for you nitwit!"

David couldn't help but blush.

Jack let out a laugh. "Then there's Kath" he stuck his hands in his pockets.

David wasn't going to ask who this Kath character was. He honestly didn't think anything of it. This was probably the most eventful day of his life. Part of him wanted it to never end. But the more controlling, awkward side of him wanted it to be over and done with. So awkward he remained for the rest of the walk.