Chapter 13: Patroness Is Born

"FELICIA!" Charles screams running out of destroyed jet. "FELICIA!" 

Charles crumbles to ground landing on his knees as tears stream down his face. Charles then begins punching at sand angry he couldn't save her, angry that he'll never get to see her again, angry he'll never get to tell her how much he loves her.

Finally the tears stop running down his cheeks and Charles stands up making his way back into the jet determined to stop Shaw, to avenge Felicia and to finish what they started.

Charles devises a plan where Banshee, Havok and Beast take down Shaw's cronies, Erik goes in search for Shaw and Moira and Charles stay on the jet. Moira runs to the cockpit and begins trying to get into contact with her colleagues while Charles uses his powers to stay in contact with and help Erik. 

"He's not here, Charles. Shaw's not here! He's left the sub." Erik says frustrated he cant find Shaw.

"What? He's got to be there! He has to be! There's no where else he can be! Keep looking!" Charles replies telepathically.

"And I'm telling you he's not! There's no one here, Goddammit!" Erik fumes. 

"Erik." Shaw speaks up appearing a secret room. "What a pleasant surprise. So good to see you again."

Erik hesitantly approaches Shaw weary of what he might try and do. 

"May I ask you something?" Shaw asks as the doors to the secret room close. "Why are you on their side? Why fight for a doomed race who'll hunt us down as soon as they realize their reign is coming to end?"

Filled with so much rage having to stand before the man who made his and his sister's life hell, Erik punches Shaw in face who acts as if it's nothing causing shock to spread across Erik's face..

"I'm sorry for what happened in the camps. I truly am." Shaw says coldly before sending Erik into one of the mirror walls causing it to crack allowing Charles to see inside but barely. 

"Whatever you do you can keep doing it. It's starting work." Charles telepathically communicates with Erik.

"But everything I did, I did for you and Feliciana. To unlock your power. To make you embrace it." Shaw monologues before throwing Erik against the wall again this time shattering the wall. 

"It's working! I'm starting to see him. But I can't yet touch his mind." Charles tells Erik.

"You've come a long way from bending gates. I'm so proud of you." Shaw says as Erik uses his powers to move all the metal in the room to destroy the mirror walls as well as trap Shaw. "And you're just starting to scratch the surface. Think how much further you could go, together. I don't want to hurt you, Erik. I never did. I wanna help you. This our time. Our age. We are the future of the human race. You and me, son. This world could be ours." Shaw says as he presses one of the metal beams against Erik pinning him against the wall.

"Everything you did, made me stronger. Made me the weapon I am today. It's the truth. I've known it all along. You are my creator." Erik says getting teary eyed before using a metal wire to lift the helmet off Shaw's head. "Now, Charles!"

Charles quickly penetrates Shaw's mind making him freeze. 

"Sorry, Charles." Erik says as she grabs Shaw's helpmet

"Erik, please! Be the better man!" Charles pleads

"It's not that I don't trust you." Erik replies as starts to put the helmet on.

"Erik, there will be no turning back!" Charles pleads once more but its to late Erik has secured Shaw's helmet on his head stopping Charles from entering his mind.