Averman Imagine

Today is the day that a group of new students is coming in to play hockey. I'm supposed to be on Varsity, but I'm on the JV team because I broke my right leg playing street hockey with some friends. My Dad is none other than Coach Ted Orion. It's almost time for the assembly. "Hey Y/N. Do you need some help?" I hear. I turn and see Scooter, Rick, and Cole. Otherwise known as the assholes who are my best friends. "Please, " I say. Scooter picks me up, Rick grabs one crutch, and Cole grabs the other. "I swear to God if you drop me, I will kill your ass, " I say as we make our way to the auditorium. "I know, " he says laughing. We walk past some new kids and they are looking at us weird. So I wave at them over Scooter's shoulder. When we get there I have to use the bathroom. "Put me down. I have to go pee. Will you wait on me Scooter?" I say. "Of course, " he says in a very bad British accent.

  I come out from the bathroom to see Scooter standing in the same place. "Okay let's go, " I say. He picks me up and puts me over his shoulder. He's carrying my crutches on the other hand. "Hey guys, " Scooter says. "What did you do to her?" Cole asks. "Nothing. Now put me down, " I say as he drops me in a seat. I lean up against Rick. The blonde girl in front of us continues the conversation they were having before. "Well maybe your brother wasn't good enough, " she says to Rick. "She's right. Rhett sucks at hockey. I know because I've played with him. I could beat him with my eyes closed, " I say in agreement. "Yeah she could, but you're supposed to be on varsity and you would be but you're not because of us, " Scooter says. Everyone nods their heads in agreement. I shiver a little as they continue their conversation. "Here, " Rick says handing me his jacket as the Dean begins speaking. After a few minutes, the curtain falls and a kid pops up. "Hey, we're the Ducks, " he says as he helps other kids up. Everyone around me bursts out laughing. I hit Cole, and Rick in the backs of their heads. They shut up real quick. As we are leaving I nearly fall. I feel two arms catch me though. "Thank you so much, " I say as I look up at the boy who caught me. He is wearing a cowboy hat. "No problem little lady. I'm Dwayne Robertson, " he says tipping his hat. "I'm Y/N Orion. Nice to meet you." Some of his friends are calling him. "Bye Dwayne if you or your friends need help with anything just let me know, " I said waving. "Okay thanks Y/N. Bye, " he says walking away. Rick picks me up this time, and we are on our way.

At Practice

Varsity just finished practice as the Ducks walk in. Rick starts to give them crap. "Rick Riley! Cole!" I yell as I make my way on the ice. The other boys just part like the red sea. "You're not supposed to be on the ice, " Rick says wearily. "Yeah, well you're not supposed to be assholes to the JV team, yet here the fuck we are. Apologize! Now!" I say. "We're sorry, " they mumble. "Hit the showers!" I tell all of them. They do as I say. As I start to hobble to the side, I feel someone pick me up. I yelp as the ducks laugh. "Hello Y/N, " I hear Dwayne say. "Hello Cowboy, " I reply grinning. He just puts his hat on my head and skates off laughing. They start to do some sort of warm-up. I start to fill up water bottles for them. My dad comes in and starts lecturing them. He makes one do laps. There is a redhead that is trying to suck up to my dad. I start laughing at him. He just grins in my direction.  They start practicing. He gives them a water break. I start passing the water bottles out. The redhead comes over. "Hi. I'm Lester Averman, but everyone calls me Averman, " he says as I hand him his water bottle. "I'm Y/N Orion, " I say with a smile. "Thanks for the water." "You're welcome." He skates back out there. After practice, I'm waiting by the locker room. Averman comes out. "Hey Y/N. I was wondering if maybe I could have your phone number, " he says nervously. "Yeah sure, " I say as we switch phones. "Yes. I just got a beautiful girl's number, " he says. I start laughing. "Oh shit. I said that out loud, didn't I, " he says. " It's okay because I think that you are extremely handsome yourself, " I reply with a grin. He just smiles back. That night while we were face timing, he asked me to be his girlfriend.  That's the story of how I met my husband Lester Averman.