◖ 47 ◗

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

"Com' to the crib tonite..." he spoke on the line, scanning the racks of baby clothes dressed in a navy colored embroidered hooded tracksuit with Nike Air VaporMax sneakers on his feet. De's a aisle over, searching for the case of diapers. "We can watch som' movies or som' thing."

"And you can rub my feet." Anicia added, with a smile as she is sitting at the table.

"You just gon' throw that in there?" Toby snickered softly, "I gotchu baby. I'll rub yo' shit. I already kno' you want the chili cheese Fritos and strawberry ice cream, but whatchu actually tryna eat?"

Anicia took a second to respond from biting into her chicken sandwich. "Hot wings and fries," she spoke with a mouthful.

"Buffalo. You was complainin' bout heartburn last time." he said noticing how she spoke, "Whatchu eatin' right now?"

"This bomb freaking chicken sandwich I ordered. I done got hungry smelling this food waiting on her."

"She still ain't com'?"

"No," Anicia rolled her eyes in annoyance. "She got five minutes and I'm leaving. She called me here and has me waiting. Full of shit."

"Don't stress yo' self out." he said, "If she on bullshit, leave. But if she actually tryna apologize for the shit she done, hear her out."

"I will. I wouldn't have came if I didn't want to hear her out." She groaned through the line, "We'll see how this goes. I'll let you do what you need to do. I'm tryna eat on my chicken sandwich."

Toby laughed out. "Damn, dismiss me then."

"I'm sorry," she chuckled, "but this is too good. Talking and eating not working."

"Munch on yo' shit baby. I'll see you later." he said before the call ended.

"Diapers high as fuck fa' no reason, bruh." De said as he approached with the cart filled with cases of Luvs pampers and baby items.

Toby slid his phone into the pouch of his hoodie. "Yea' babies high potna."

De shook his head, exhaling sharply. "I'm not havin' no mo'. What else we gettin'? DeAngelo broke my pockets fa' today."

"I just gotta get som' shit for Anicia right quick." he mentioned, walking to a different aisle.

"Ain't tonite da' big night gangsta?" De wondered.

"Yup," he cheesed, placing two packs of Chili Cheese Fritos in the cart. "Ya big bro got som' som' in motion tonight. Momma gon' have the boys. She gon' fuck wit it."

"Even tho' ion' necessarily like her, I'm happy for you. You love ha' like a mufucka and you already kno' I'm gon' be lookin' real fly in my suit. Shit, gon' be lookin' better than you."