2 ~ Wedding night

Gulaab POV

I was standing still and frozen when he entered the Tent. He tied curtains once the attendees left the place. My eyes were darted on his every move. He walked towards the bed removing his overcoat of maroon colour and throwing it on the couch he lied on the bed.

His hand was resting under his head as he asked aloud making me shiver in fear.

"To... Kya naam hai aapka?"

"So... What's your name hnn?" He said in an evil tone.

He knew my name and all he was doing was making me uncomfortable.

I kept calm and didn't answer anything.

"Lagta hai... Behri beti hai Raja Saheb ki"

"Seems like... King's daughter is deaf" He said and I couldn't stop myself.

"Gulaab... My name is Gulaab." I said in the angry tone.

He looked at me which the wide-open and eyes then lowered his gaze.

"Yuck... what a disgusting name," He said in a low tone still audible to me.

I was trying to hide my fear as much I could. There was no one whom I could trust. I didn't know what would happen to me. What if he tried to force himself on me? What if he was not a good person? I knew he wasn't a good one because he had the idea of killing my brother and become the king of our continent and I had to keep him away from my continent.

I had never done anything good in my life and there I had a new chance to fight for my brother's well being. It wasn't like I didn't trust my brother's fighting skills and power but there was something of which I was afraid. I was afraid of a prediction that was made by our head priest.

"So," I shivered to hear his voice.

He stood up from the bed and started walking towards me.

"So, my newlywed begum... why did you say 'yes' for this wedding." He asked standing against me. He was close to me and I lowered my gaze. I was horrified. It wouldn't take time for him to pierce my throat. I was nothing to him.

When he moved a little more forward and I couldn't stop myself from taking a step back. I didn't know what to answer.

"Hum Kuch pooch rahe aapse... begum"

"I am asking something... Begum" Whenever he utters the word 'begum' my breaths stops.

He moved a little more closer and cleared my throat a little.

"Chaliye chodiye... Ye sawaal galat hai. Aap ye bataiye ki aap sirf hume pasand karti hai ya beintehaa Mohabbat karti hai?"

"Leave it... This question is wrong. You tell me, do you like me or you are madly in love with him" He said standing against me and I couldn't stop myself from looking directly into his eyes.

"Pasand vasand nahi hai aap hume"

"I don't like you," I said as I couldn't stop myself from answering. His words flooded the anger in me.

"To fir nikah ki itni jaldi... jaroor jismani jarurat rahi hogi"