f o u r

four | the delight

We're dancing with the trees and 
I've waited my whole life 
It's true, baby 
I've been saving this for you, baby 

~ 'bloom' by troye sivan 

ツ 

"WE WON!!"

Harry whooped along with Liam and Zayn, watching Niall and Louis do a complicated handshake before their teammates bumped into them. Louis searched the bleachers for a moment and waved at them with a huge grin, to which everyone cheered once more.

"C'mon, let's go. Niall said they'll meet us in the common room", Zayn said as they climbed down the stairs leading out of the stadium.

"Yeah, we are supposed to pick some food and get back", Liam said.

And they took a long walk back, making a detour to the canteen on their way, and grabbed some food and drinks. They were having a party of their own. So, what if their party consisted of eating and playing board games while poking fun at each other?

It wasn't long before Niall and Louis joined them in the common room, fresh from showers and still excited about the win. Niall made a beeline to the chips on the table, while Louis got into Harry's space real quick, accepting the kiss with a grin.

"Congrats, good job out there," Harry smiled as they parted. "I think I'm actually getting a hang of the game now."

"Thanks, that's great to hear. Soon, you'll be a pro and give me tips", Louis grinned, pressing another kiss to his lips.

"If you guys are done snogging, can we get to playing? Liam managed to borrow the Monopoly board from a friend and I really wanna see Niall being a sore loser", Zayn said, a smirk on his face.

"Hey!" Niall squeaked, "I might be a loser when it comes to Monopoly but I'm not a sore one. That'd be Harry, actually."

"Whatever do you mean? Clearly Louis is the sore loser", Harry protested.

"Well, if we don't get to the game," Liam interrupted before Louis could respond. "We'll never know who the sore loser is. So, let's get to it."

"Fine, fine. Dibs on battleship," Louis said, grinning when Niall groaned.

"I'll take the cat, thank you", Harry speed-talked.

"That's two tokens out, I'm taking the—"

"Race car!" Zayn yelled before Niall could continue, making Niall groan again because that's the second token he had in mind. "And Liam will have the top hat."

"You're all assholes. I'll take the boot and crush you all, just wait and see", Niall grumbled and proceeded to set up the game.

The dorms were quiet with almost everyone out at the after-parties. And it wasn't until two in the morning that they noticed the time. By the end of the game, Niall really crushed his way to the top and everyone declared Harry as the sore loser, Louis kissing his pout away.

"I'm really glad you guys made up", Liam smiled softly at them.

"You mean they finally got their heads out of their asses? Sure", Zayn snickered.

Harry blushed furiously. He still remembered thanking Zayn for slapping sense into his head. And apologising to them for being an asshole, after he and Louis decided to date.

Louis, though, grinned and drew his boyfriend closer, seeking warmth, "Thanks, guys."

Soon the conversation steered towards dating and exes, and if Louis noticed Harry being silent and tense through it, he decided to be a good boyfriend and act nonchalant.