||28||

Forgive me but I used a random game generator to save my unimaginative ass from ruin >~<

°🔥°

"The first game will be a three-legged race!" Thirteen announced before the screen changed again, "and you will be randomly paired up. Good luck~"

This... has to be a joke.

All our names flashed on the screen until it settled into dozens of pairs.

"Find your partner and don't waste any time, go go go!" Hawks' voice exploded through the arena. Sighing, I scanned for my name until I landed on my pair.

"Oh. That's not too bad," I nodded, looking for my partner, "Oi—Hatsuharu, you ready to come at least fourth or fifth."

"Your confidence in us is immeasurable, my friend," he rolled his eyes before nodding, "can we at least aim for third?"

"Sure, but we're going against Tamaki, Nejire and Mirio," I reminded him.

"You think you're inferior to them, don't you?" he asked, "dude, you're seriously on the same level as them. You're also one of the big four, remember? Don't put yourself down."

"I can't help it. They're all better than me," I hummed, "it's a fact. Anyway, what's the plan?"

"I was going to ask you that," he stared at me for a moment, and I just let out an awkward laugh.

"Guess we're winging it," I said.

"Great. We're so last."

°🔥°

"Alright, line up and get ready because this race is about to soar high!" Hawks' voice echoed across the arena as we looked out over the obstacles we'll have to overcome.

I looked down at the band that was attached to my left leg and Hatsuharu's right.

It's made somehow to force things to stay together until its released by an 'authority figure' which really just makes me feel like I've been locked up somehow.

Locked up with Hatsuharu, huh? Now that's a terrifying thought.

"Stop thinking what you were thinking. That's super rude," Hatsuharu pinched my side, I flinched away and shot him a glare.

"What was that for?!" I asked.

"You were thinking that being stuck with me is terrifying, right?" he glared back, "You're so mean. You wound me, Mikhail."

"Oh shut up," I glared at him as the archway over us with three green lights on lost one of the green lights, "I've got a plan, I'll fly, you wipe out the competition."

"Uh—sure, OK, whatever you say," he nodded as I managed to hook my arms under his from behind.

The second green light went out and I glanced around to see everyone were basically ready to rip each other apart to win.

It's top twenty pairs that pass leaving forty out of the two hundred or so third years here. Even the business students are participating this year which never happens. I'm surprised.

The final light disappeared, and I activated my quirk, going into the second transformation of my quirk.

Wings grew from my back, and I launched us forward, shooting through the air.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Hatsuharu let out a surprised shout and wriggled.

"Don't move, idiot," I hissed, "watch out below us."