26

<Harry POV>

A week have passed ever since I handed the book to the mudblo- Granger about Nikolas Flamel. And I wonder, whether they had already found out what was hiding in the forbidden corridor. I couldn't sleep, while Draco, Blaise, and Theo slept soundly in their respective beds. I climbed out of my bed quietly, trying not to make a noise. I cast a quick wandless tempus. '11.58 pm'. I walked out of my dorm room and into the common room where I settled on one of the armchairs in front of the fireplace, staring at the dwindling light coming from the fire. I decided to use this time to fix my mindscape, it was getting messier than usual.

After 3 hours inside my mind fixing it, building a cage for my new dragon familiar, I left my mindscape. A quick tempus told me it was nearly 3 am. I turned around and stretched when I saw Daphne coming from the girl's dorm. I smiled at her and she quickly took the seat beside me. 

"Can't sleep Daphne?" I asked, grabbing one of my books about Ancient Runes that Daphne so kindly offered to me. 

"I don't know Harry. Too much thoughts maybe." Daphne sighed leaning against her chair. 

I smiled at her, handing her a book on occlumency.

"Maybe you should try occlumency Daphne. It's interesting." 

"Perhaps... Say Harry, are you light or dark?" 

That question froze me. Exactly what am I? Light or dark? I am in Tom's side, but is Tom exactly light or is he dark?

"Wow, Daphne. I- I guess that there is no 'light' or 'dark'. In the end of the days both are magic, and both should be respected by the community. Did you know that spells categorized under dark can actually help us? Like the cruciatus charm can revive the heart of a dead person. It was used in all wizarding hospitals in the 1800s, but it was soon banned around 1900s. The AK curse can also be used to end a life painlessly, used in patients with 0 chance of recovery. Light spells can also be used to kill a person if you think about it. Who never said that Diffindo can't kill a person? Or the levitating spell. Magic is simply magic. It is just based on the purpose or how you use it."

"Interesting Harry, but you never really answered my question."

"Uhm.. I am in Tom's side obviously, but he's not the dark lord anymore. Turns out that Dumbledore had been using imperio spells to force Tom to make horcruxes and everything. But earlier last year, he combined all the horcruxes and got himself a sane soul now. So, does that mean Dumbledore is a Dark Lord? We don't know. Dumbledore made it clear that no creatures such as werewolves and vampires are not allowed to work or go in public. Dumbledoor wanted all wizarding traditions and celebrations gone, and to celebrate muggle holidays. That is one of the reasons why we no longer celebrate Yule in Hogwarts and instead celebrate Christmas. Same thing with Samhain and Halloween."

"I get it now. I get why Slytherins hate Dumbledore. Like why would he demolish our ancient traditions, no wonder we call him Muggle-lover."

"But, muggles are also as important as wizards. We just need to make sure that no muggles know of us. Most muggle-born acts as if they are better because they come from 2 different worlds, the wizarding and the muggle. One main reason why I dislike them. Just because of muggle-born we have to throw away our ancient ways."

Daphne stared at the dying embers of the fire, her blonde hair neat and tidy, showing her pale, almost colorless skin. Her icy blue eyes pierced the fire. 

"I wonder why most people still discriminates people who are half-blood or muggle born, tell me what should I do?" 

I bit my lip as I pondered the question and how to prove my answer. I quickly scanned the room and my gaze fell on a painting of Salazar Slytherin with a silver dagger. I immediately summoned my silver dagger and placed it in front of Daphne. 

"You wonder whether muggle-born, half-blood, and pureblood have different blood. You're a pureblood right Daphne? I'm a half-blood. Cut your palm just a bit." I ordered, gesturing to the dagger.

Daphne took the dagger shakily and made a small cut in her palm. A few drops of blood dropped out of her palm. I then took the dagger from her and did the same thing. 

"Tell me are there any difference between our two blood?"

She shook her head slowly before gasping and looking at me with a fond smile on her face.

"They're exactly the same! How could I be so foolish?" Daphne laughed. The laugh itself brought a small blush to my face, before I chased it away. 

"I know, some Slytherin's these days." I chuckled healing Daphne and my cuts. 

"I think we should try to get some sleep." I offered my arm towards her. She smiled gently as she took my arm and stood up. 

"Good night Harry." She said with a peck on my cheek. 

"Good night Daphne."

~

I stood behind a bookshelf, peering through a hole made by books. The insufferable Golden Trio were sitting on one of the many long tables, not even bothering to talk in hushed tones. 

"Honestly don't you guys read?" Hermione rolled her eyes pointing at a text in the book.

"Uhm... What?" Evelyn said bored, putting her chin on her hand. 

"Nicolas Flamel," Hermione said dramatically, "is the only known maker of the Sorcerer's Stone!"

This didn't have quite the effect she'd expected.

"The what?" said Evelyn and Ron at the same time.

"The ancient study of alchemy is concerned with making the Sorcerer's Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal. There have been many reports of the Sorcerer's Stone over the centuries, but the only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicolas Flamel, the noted alchemist and opera lover. Mr. Flamel, who celebrated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday last year, enjoys a quiet life in Devon with his wife, Perenelle (six hundred and fifty-eight). See?" said Hermione.  "The dog must be guarding Flamel's Sorcerer's Stone! I bet he asked Dumbledore to keep it safe for him, because they're friends and he knew someone was after it, that's why he wanted the Stone moved out of Gringotts!"

"A stone that makes gold and stops you from ever dying!" Evelyn exclaimed. "No wonder Snape's after it! Anyone would want it."

"And no wonder we couldn't find Flamel in that Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry," said Ron. "He's not exactly recent if he's six hundred and sixty-five, is he?"

I laughed at them silently before taking out a book from a nearby shelf. 

"Hey! Harry!" Draco called from the table beside.

"Yes Dray?" I asked opening the book to page 76. 

"I need to talk to you."

I stared at him. 

"We're talking right now aren't we?"

"Uh.. yes. What do you think of gay people?" 

I raised an eyebrow, turning a page on the book. 

"I don't have anything against them. Why?" I replied, tracing the image of the child version of King Arthur pulling Excalibur.

Draco didn't answer me. I smirked as I realized that Draco is gay himself.

"Don't worry Dray, I won't hold them against you." I chuckled before leaving Draco alone to his thoughts.

A/N: Ok FIRST THINGS FIRST! I know I told you I won't be publishing until 2 Dec, but I had a free time so I thought, why not give my readers a quick surprise? Second... HOLY SHIT! 1.2K VOTES? You guys got to be kidding me. This is... incredible. 

Quick Question: Who should Harry end up with? Daphne or Draco? If you chose Daphne, then this is Draco x Blaise. BUT remember that Harry and Draco are cousins though, so think carefully! Please comment your answer.

Don't forget to vote too!