💙 9 - A stranger 💙

"Woohoo!!!"

Angin and Daun slide down from a big slide then giggle at each other.

While these two kids having fun, Petir and Cahaya just sit at the bench which is a bit far away from Angin and Daun's position.

"You mean, Angin was adopted from the orphanage?" asked Cahaya while burrowing his eyebrows.

Petir nodded. "Yeah.. But, I don't like him.."

"Why?"

"Cause he's caused me trouble.." mumbled Petir but could be heard by Cahaya.

"What trouble?" Cahaya crossed his arm.

"None of your business.." Petir rolled his eyes, feeling annoyed. He's sick when his friend asked so many questions.

Cahaya sighed. "You know, Angin was a good kid.. Even though I don't know him well, my hunch said he's a good kid.."

"It's easy for you to say.. But not for me.." Petir snorted.

Cahaya just stared at his friend. He knows that his friend is not the one that easily can be fooled by anyone but Angin is just a kid. He doesn't know anything much.

He also knew that Petir was not a type who talked too much and befriend anyone stranger.

How is he being close to Petir? He knew Petir from age 6. They were in the same kindergarten. Then, their bonds stronger when they were also in the same primary school until now.

"Hello, kids!"

Angin and Daun tilted their head towards a man. The man wears a grey coat and wears a hat which made them cautious with the person.

The latter smiles at them. "Can I ask? Where can I find Taman Pulau Rintis?"

Angin and Daun looked at each other. Angin then glared at the man before answering. "Urm, uncle can go straight, then when you passed a big tree, uncle makes a turn to the right.."

The man nodded. He then scratched his cheeks. "Umm, if you kids don't mind, can you show me the road? I'm new here so I'm not familiar with the roads.."

"That's-"

"Sorry uncle.. We can't.. Our brothers might be worried about us.." Angin cut off Daun's words. He remembered Aunty Wawa taught him that don't ever trust a stranger.

"Pleaseee... It only takes a while.." persuade the man. He tried to make the kids follow his request.

"We're sorry uncle.. If uncle wants someone to guide uncle, uncle can go find someone else.." Angin gave a small smile to the man. Even though Angin wanted to shout and be angry with the man cause disturb their playing, he need to be patient. Angry was not his personality at all.

"Ugh! You guys are so stubborn!" The man approach Daun and grabbed his arm harshly.

"Aww!! It hurts!" Daun tried to lose the grip but the man tighten his grab.

"Let Daun go!!!" Angin without hesitate pulled the latter's coat then his feet stepped on the man's feet.

The man was shocked and accidentally loosen his grip on Daun. Daun then rushed to behind Angin and stayed away from the man.

"Auch! You're really brave huh?" The man tried to grab Angin's hair but then, a hand grabbed his arm.

"Who are you want to injure my little brother?"

Angin blinked his eyes when he saw the person who hold on to the man's arm. "Big brother Tanah?"

Tanah smiled at Angin but then his face became cold when he faced the man. He twisted the man's arm.

"AUCH!!! LET ME GO!!"

His voice made Petir and Cahaya startled by it. They quickly rushed to the playground. Their eyes widen opened. They saw a man withstand the pain and his body was lying.

They are more shocked when Tanah at there. They immediately go towards Tanah which he was hugging Angin and Daun.

"Tanah! What are you doing here?" asked Petir with a confused face.

"Both of you should take care of Angin and Daun.. If I don't come, maybe both of them being kidnapped.." Tanah glared at Petir and Cahaya. He looks a bit angry and disappointed at the same time.

"Are you guys okay?" asked Tanah as he broke the hug. He then strokes Angin and Daun's hair with both of his hands.

Angin and Daun nodded. "We're okay big brother Tanah.. Thanks for saving us!" Angin closed his eyes and gave a sweet smile to Tanah.

Tanah chuckles at it. "Remember, don't ever trust strangers.. Okay?"

"Okay!"

Tanah then stood up and faced his brother and his brother's friend. He crossed his arm. "Anything to say?"

Petir and Cahaya gulped. They know that Tanah is angry at them but they never know that he will be angry like this.

"Brother Tanah.. I-"

"If you hate Angin that much, please.. Please remember our mom and dad.. What will they react if Angin got kidnapped?" Tanah cut him off.

Petir silent. He knew this was his fault. But he doesn't understand, why is his brother is so protective?

"And Cahaya.. You too.. You should also watch your brother as well.. Don't let them play alone.." Tanah stared at Cahaya who only bowed his head.

Cahaya nodded understanding. He knew he shouldn't let his brother play alone. He almost forgot that he was actually with his little brother at that time.

Tanah sighed. He then looked at Angin and Daun who stared at them that someone should explain to them what was going on.

Tanah grinned. "Okay Angin and Daun.. Do you want some ice cream?"

"Ice cream?! Wahh! We wanna!!" Angin and Daun's eyes were full of sparkle which made them cuter. They are excited when it comes to ice cream.

Tanah then held Angin and Daun's hand and move to the grocery shop which doesn't far away from the playground.

While three of them were having a fun chat, Petir and Cahaya stayed quiet like a stone.

Both of them were ignored by Tanah. They felt guilty. They need to apologize. Petir and Cahaya then followed Tanah and the kids from behind.

================================
- TO BE CONTINUE -
================================