39| Loving You

Started writing on 26th November 2020.
Completed on 3rd December 2020.
Word count : 4500 words
_______________________________

- D I V Y A -

"Divya!"

"Hmm..."

"What are you wearing?" He asked.

"Don't you know? It's called saree."

"I mean why are you wearing this? It's cold. You should've wore something warm."

"Then what should I wear during festivals? It's Diwali!"

"A sexy lingerie isn't bad!" He winked and I elbowed him in his stomach. "What the...."

"If you don't remember, everyone's here. Just think about mom and dad, what would they think?"

"They would be proud of their son for being a romantic man and loving his wife." He smiled and I rolled my eyes. "By the way, I feel really gloomy."

"Why?"

"We can't do anything tonight or else our parents would hear us. I mean I can control my voice but you can't." He said and I glared.

"Seriously? But it's good then." I said.

"I thought you'll say that our room is way far from their's, so they won't come to know." He complained.

"You really think a lot."

"Ayaan! Divya! Where are you? Can't you see the time? We would get late for the puja." Mom shouted, calling us inside. We were sitting outside in the lawn, under the stars while discussing not-so-serious topics.

"We're coming." I shouted. Standing up from the swing, I felt him holding my hand and stopping me move forward. "What? Didn't you hear what mom said?"

"Just few minutes. Please."

"No. Come on, let's go."

"Really. You're busy in all the arrangements since three days. We couldn't even spend some time together. And now when I have you with me, you want to leave me and go back." He complained pulling me on his lap.

"It's not my fault. Festivals come with their own responsibilities." I said while touching his nose with mine. "I promise that I won't go anywhere, leaving you. Now let's go. We can't afford to leave the rituals."

"Okay!" He nodded and I pulled his nose. "Aah!"

"Let's go." I stood up and dragged him inside the house.

"Finally, you both are here!" Mom sighed. "Let's go and pray first. And Ayaan, dare you eat any sweet before puja!"

"But mom, it's not me who's foodie. It's Divya! Just after hearing the name of sweets, her mouth must be watering by now." He said.

"Really? I have enough self control."

"You're the one talking about self control. What happened the night before-" He snapped back but was stopped by dad in between.

Thank God dad came in between or else Ayaan would have said something really shameful!

"Stop it here itself. It's not the time to fight over silly things. And Ayaan, you're the one talking about self control? The last time I remember, you ate most of the sweets before we could offer them Lakshmi ji." Dad said.