Pranksters 101

Kara- one week later

It was a bright day. Perfect weather, perfect chatter, perfect atmosphere. Perfect everything. The crime was on the down-low, considering I did quite a number on the criminals of National City, tossing a large quantity of them in the slammer this week. I unmistakably was doing a great job at keeping the crime rates under control.

But I knew that a perfect day mustn't be a great day- at least, not for me. On the other hand, for my girlfriend? I surely needed to pull at least one prank on her before the end of the year. It's in my blood- well, not really. I'm not really Danvers blood. 

Alex and I used to always prank each other when we were younger. Sometimes, I would put salt in her coffee on the early days of our high school experience. In return, I would receive my alarm being set for 4:30 in the morning, instead of my usual 6:30. 

I knew that my prank for Lena would have to be great. Not just a regular "Oh, I'm messin' with 'ya!" No. It needed to be amazing- that's an understatement. It needed to be ultimate.

I wracked my brain for ideas on how to prank my girlfriend as I walked down the hallways of Catco, papers stacked not-so-neatly in my arms. I got a few side-glances from a few of my coworkers until Nia walked up to me.

She started to speak, "Kara, hey, do you- do you need some help with those?" She asked kindly. I shook my head stubbornly, and she rolled her eyes, grabbing half the stack of papers I had filled out for Snapper.

"Thank you, Nia. You really didn't have to," I thanked her as we made our way to my office. She shook her head.

"It's no problem, really. What are friends for, right?" She dismissed. I laughed and handed her a coffee. It was in my nature to bring coffee for coworkers.

She smiled as she accepted the caffeine, "Thank you! You're too sweet, you're rubbing off on your girlfriend. She gave me a raise,"  I smiled.

"She's always been like that," I waved my hand at a passing coworker. Nia checked her watched, her eyes widening as she did so.

"Shoot! I'm late for the fashion-journalism meeting! Um- uh, gotta blast!" She dashed out of my office, and my eyes widened as I adjusted my glasses.

Murmuring beneath my breath, I spoke, "Ohmyrao, she's me..."

James laughed as he entered my office speaking, "She really is you. When you first came to work at Catco as Cat's assistant, when you came into my office? You were doing that weird nervous laughing thing, and I was trying so hard to not laugh," I rolled my eyes.

"Don't remind me about that."

"Oh, I will,"

"Kahkhyf, "I muttered under my breath. James snorted before saying his goodbye's, needing to go to a meeting before he exited my office. (She said: Dick.)

And then it hit me. The prank. I knew what I would do. Sure, it was evil- but since when have my pranks been lenient? Never. 

I was going to call Alex and ask her if she's in on it; of course, she'll say yes. She'll send a few agents to Lena's office and "kidnap" her. If Alex is up to it, they'll do the same to Maggie. They'll take her to a DEO safehouse that neither of them was familiar with. Then, scare the living heck out of them until we've had our fun.

But first, I would do a few small pranks such as: putting foil on the windows of Lena's office, putting sugar in my girlfriend's coffee, buying all the kale, and stuffing her office drawers with them.

And like I've said already- if Alex is up to it, we could work on having Alex steal Maggie's cop handcuffs, gun, and cop hat. Then, proceeding to stuff cotton into Maggie's cop car and selling out the donuts. It was a set plan.