Chapter 15

"Here you go, little guy." Emilyn places the dog back to where it belongs. "Now, you are free to go." She turns around because she heard a chuckle. "What?" Emilyn asked Christopher.

"Nothing." Christopher shakes his head and places his dog down.

"So, what are we doing now?" Emilyn asked.

"Aren't you going to ask me some questions?" He raised one of his eyebrows.

"Right," Emilyn said. "Is there any place we can sit and talk for a while?" He nods and leads her to a small area. It looked kind of cozy. There are a small coffee table and a two-sitter couch with a fluffy carpet right on the floor.

"Is this okay?" He asked. Emilyn nod and they took a seat on the couch.

"Okay, so first question. Why did you decide to do this charity work?"

"For starters, I always want a pet. But I was born unlucky to have a sibling who is allergic to dogs. So, I found this place and decide to volunteer."

"How old were you when you start with this volunteering?" Emilyn continues to ask.

"I was about 16 or 17."

"Next, why bother doing charities?"

"Because I can't keep earning money, but I've nowhere to spend on it. Therefore, charity is a perfect place." He said with a smile. "Plus, this isn't the only place I volunteer. I also volunteer at the Hope orphanage."

"Thanks for the extra details," Emilyn said. "You know, even if you didn't tell me, I'm still going to write it." Christopher just shrugged. "Okay, back to the questions," Emilyn said. "Since, you brought up the orphanage. How long have you been going there?"

"I think is about 3 years now."

"And why do you choose to be one of the sponsors of the orphanage?"

"About that, my parents have been supporting that orphanage for a long time. So I decide to continue supporting it." Christopher answer

"Okay, we are done with the questions for now," Emilyn told him.

"Great, shall we go and do some volunteering. Just so you know, I don't come here to slack." Christopher joked. Emilyn follows him to one of the dogs' areas. Christopher opens the cage to a lot of dogs jumping and running around.

"Hey, Kevin. I'm here. Let me take some off your hands." Christopher offered. That guy, Kevin, pass some dogs to him. "Here, take some." He passes Emilyn two leashes.

"What am I going to do with these?" Emilyn ask, looking at the leashes.

"You are going to walk them."

"Walk them?" Emilyn asked again.

"Yeah, did I mumble?" Christopher asked with an eyebrow raise.

"Sorry, I never did this before." Emilyn stares at the dogs that are staring back at her.

"No worries, if they go out of hand. I help you." Emilyn nod.

"Before we walk them, can I take some pictures with you and the dogs?"

"Sure." Emilyn passes him the leash of two of her dogs. After a few snapping a few shots of him and the dog, she said, "Perfect, can you let me put this camera safely somewhere."

"Yeah, just place it with Stacie." He told Emiyln. Emilyn makes a quick run out and hands Stacie the camera for safekeeping.

"I'm back," Emilyn announce, and Christopher hands her the leashes.