81

" 𝑭𝑹𝑬𝑫! "

" 𝑭𝑹𝑬𝑫! "

I was running up the stairs to where I suspected the boys to be and I was right 'Gred and Feorge' I greeted them a small smile on my face. 'y/n/n' Fred stood up hugging me George right after. I sat in between them as we watched a protective spell go over the castle. 'You okay Freddie?' I asked 'Yeah' I looked at George 'How about you George' He sighed 'Never better'. I put my wand down and held both of their hands giving it a light squeeze 'I love you both' They both squeezed back and said in unison 'We love you too' I took a deep breath. 'Fred I'm really sorry' He chuckled 'What, why?' I looked at him with a sad smile. 'I'm one of the horcrux's needed to destroy Voldemort, I have to die, meaning I can't marry you' He pulled me in kissing my forehead. 'We'll just marry in the afterlife when I'm old' I chuckled 'Yeah, and I guess we already know you look attractive old' I referred to my 4th year.

'You lot okay?' The three of us turned around I met Percy's eyes and couldn't help but smile. 'You on our side' He nodded 'Absolutely' He came next to us and we watched as the protective spell that had only been put up moments before be destroyed. 'They're coming in' Percy breathed. I nodded 'Yeah, they are' It wasn't long before we were fighting off death eaters left right and centre. 10 minutes later it had slowed down slightly. 'Hello, Minister!' bellowed Percy, sending a neat jinx straight at Thicknesse, who dropped his wand and clawed at the front of his robes, apparently in awful discomfort. 'Did I mention I'm resigning?' I had never heard Percy joke and it set off myself and the twins. 'You're joking Perce!' Fred yelled back as we started fighting off more death eaters. Thicknesse had fallen to the ground with tiny spikes erupting all over him; he seemed to be turning into some form of sea urchin. Fred looked at Percy with glee. 'You actually are joking, Perce... . I don't think I've heard you joke since you were –' He looked over at me a small smile on his face before the air exploded.

I felt myself flying through the air, and all I could do was hold as tightly as possible to that thin stick of wood that was my one and only weapon, and shield my head in my arms. I was quick to scramble back over, I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces at the sight I saw 'FRED!' I cried dropping to my knees beside him. I was stroking his face over and over 'Hey, Fred. You're okay' The tears were coming quick now like a cloud had burst. I let out a terrible cry that pulled at my insides, that expressed agony of a kind neither flame nor curse could cause. I leaned into his chest still crying 'Come on baby get up' I rocked him back and forth in my arms. George falling to the other side of Fred.

'You need to get up, we still need to get married remember, kids and all. Fred come on please' I searched his face but Fred's eyes stared without seeing, the ghost of his last laugh still etched upon his face. I fell back letting him go into George and his other brothers arms. I stood stumbling back not having Fred to steady me hurt. I looked at his face and felt my stomach twist. I turned and ran, down the stairs and to where my brother would be. The room of requirement. I was sprinting down the hall way my face still wet with tears. I looked where the door should be and I was right moments later it appeared.