69

☀︎

Xavier starts the car and drives away from the secure premises, turning on the radio it blasts 'WAP' by Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion. I can't help myself at the small laugh that bubbles up my throat, especially by the sight of his eyes widening from the lyrics. Our life is fucking chaos and we literally can't catch a break, this honestly just humored me a little. 

"What is this shit?" Xavier speaks in disgust, his words making him sound like an old man. 

"You surely must've heard about this song before," I tell him with a laugh. 

He looks at me with a soft stare, my heart pounds and a smile tugs at the corner of his lips, "I like your laugh."

I'm caught off guard when my eyes widen, "Grazie, Xavier."

"Now," He shuts off the radio again. "How have you heard about such a song?"

"Santi," I nod with a smile. 

"Santi hears this nasty shit?" He falters in shock, seemingly quite scarred. "I'll have a conversation with him about it then."

"He's almost ten," I laugh, not able to control myself at the sight of a traumatized Xavier. "Let the kid have some fun."

He smirks at me and shakes his head, such a beautiful man, "Yeah, that's a hard no."

His phone rings and he answers it with a cold stare on his face, placing the device against his ear, "Romano."

I can't hear the person on the other end of the line, but I think it's Marc.

"Yeah, we're driving to The Dungeon now," Xavier speaks, his muscles flex when he adjusts his grip on the phone and I can't help but stare. "I need men around the area ready to come in case anything happens, handle it."

Marc answers something and Xavier hangs up on the phone. 

"Everything okay?" I ask. 

He smiles and nods, easily placing his rough hand on top of my thigh, the action stirring heat in the lower part of my belly. Such an innocent action and yet here I am; turning into a puddle under his touch. 

We drive into the city with his hand confidently placed on my thigh, no words are spoken, but my heart is pounding in my chest. Xavier parks right in front of The Dungeon, I'm out of the car before him and hurry inside the bar. 

Everything is absolutely trashed; furniture scattered everywhere, glass broken on the floor, tables have been turned. In the midst of all chaos is Rocco, it's the first time I've seen him in a while and only now do I realise how relieved I am at seeing his annoying face again. 

"You never listen to me," He tuts at me with a smile and inches closer. "I told you not to come."

"And I don't fucking care, Rocco. Are you good?"

He nods, "I'm fine. Although the place is ruined."

I'm about to say something else when Rocco's eyes cut to someone behind me, he frowns in confusion and looks at me in question. Clearly he doesn't understand why I brought Xavier along for the journey.