↳1.02

diagon alley

August 19th, 1992

DAISY ANNOUNCED THAT she wanted to stay with the Grangers and get to know them better as the Gringotts goblin gestured for the Weasley clan towards the vault

"In that case, I'll stay with her. Shouldn't we, George?" Fred began to walk away from his family, but Daisy pushed him back and said, "Go with your family, Fred. George."

"Why? They don't need that much people in the vault anyway!" Fred exclaimed in protest. Nonetheless, Daisy still forced them to go.

When the coast was finally clear, she turned her head to look at Hermione, "I'm their neighbour, in case you're wondering. And, yes, I am really a Muggle."

"Oh!" Hermione blushed, "Do I look that curious? I'm sorry! It's just— Ron never said anything about you before, but you seem like an important part of the family."

"We are like family. Harry was very... intrigued, too, when we first met," Daisy chuckled, "I suppose you're a Gryffindor, too?"

"Yes, I am!"

"Do you live here, around London?"

"Yes! In Hampstead Garden Suburb, around half an hour drive from here. What about you —does your house stand right beside the Weasleys'?"

"No, actually. Our houses are half a mile apart."

"Ah, I see. Do you go to school, then? Are you in year nine?"

"I'm homeschooled, but yes, I'm equivalent to that this upcoming semester."

"Homeschooled? How does that feel like?"

"Boring, especially now that Ginny is going off to Hogwarts as well," Daisy admitted truthfully, "I'm jealous! I heard your school year is always festive. Oh, how are you? After the incident last June?"

Hermione raised her eyebrows in surprise, "What? How do you know about that?"

"Please, Ron couldn't stop talking about it."

"Ah..." Hermione nodded, "I can totally picture that. I am great, thank you for asking, and I'm sure Mr. and Mrs. Weasley are grateful to have you around all year long."

"Thank you," Daisy dipped slightly in a playful but still courteous bow, "Oh, Hermione, may I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure!"

"Do you know how much Gilderoy Lockhart's books might cost?"

"Oh, uh..." Hermione paused to ponder for a moment, "Five galleons each. And since there are seven in our lists this year, a set would be thirty-five. Why?"

"Nothing."

Daisy's mind whirred as she began counting: thirty five galleons, for Ginny, Ron, Fred, George, and Percy. A hundred and seventy-five galleons. That would be... eight hundred and seventy-five pounds. Whoa.