Chapter 32

"It's me?" She practically whispered, with tears in her eyes.

"Of course it's you." I smiled at her, my heart nearly beating out of my chest. She laughed in complete shock and kissed all over my face, giggling in between each one.

"We're getting married?" she exclaimed. She grabbed the sides of my face and kissed me again.

"Yes, we're getting married," I said laughing. She smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face. I had to say it now, I had to tell her. "America I-"

"Shh, Maxon," she said on my lips. She kissed me again and I chuckled. I kissed her for what seemed like hours. The kisses went from playful and light, to much deeper. I was hungry for her. America got onto my lap, straddling me. I let out a sigh and grazed her bottom lip with my tongue. She shifted on my lap to take off her shoes creating friction and I groaned. I shook off my shoes as well and then, without breaking the kiss, carried her further into the bed. I moved to her neck, kissing and biting softly. She moaned in response as she loosened my tie.

"This is quite bad of us Miss Singer," I said chuckling darkly.

"You're the prince, you can just pardon me," she panted. Her face was flushed as she unbuttoned my shirt. I kissed under her ear and along her jaw. She feverishly unbuttoned my shirt with my help and tossed it to the side. She ran her cool hands across my chest as I sighed into her mouth. I slid my tongue into her mouth, wanting more and more of her. No one had ever touched me like this, especially without my shirt on. Her fingertips danced along the ridges of my abs, delicately. Her hand reached down to my belt and she tugged it toward her body and kissed me more passionately. My pants were getting uncomfortably tight as I slid my hand up her thigh. I kissed her everywhere: her cheek, her throat, her jaw and her now slightly swollen lips.

"What are you doing to me, America," I muttered absent-mindedly. She kissed me from the base of my throat to my ear. I moaned quietly. She was driving me crazy and touching me everywhere. She then dug her fingers into my back and I immediately pulled away.

"What?" she asked breathlessly.

"Does it...repulse you?" I asked nervously. I wasn't sure what her answer would be, but I was terrified out of my wits.

"What do you mean?"

"My back." I bit my lip, already distracted by her bright blue eyes. My scars were the thing that I was most insecure about. The bad ones were slightly raised and dark shades of pink and some purple. They layered on top of each other creating the ugliest portrait. "I understand if you don't want to keep going. I'll figure out how to keep them covered up-,"

"Maxon," she said softly, cupping my face, "some of those scars on your back are there so they wouldn't be on mine and I love you for them."

I stared at her, my mouth falling open. I swear time stood still. "What did you say?" My voice was barely above a whisper.

"I love you." She shyly smiled up at me.

"One more time please ? I just--"

She grabbed my face and brought it closer to hers. "Maxon Schreave, I love you. I. Love. You."

I hadn't heard those words in forever, and hearing it from this woman almost brought me to tears. My parents hadn't exchanged such words with each other and often forgot to tell me. The last time I had heard those three words spoken to me with such meaning was with Daphne and I couldn't reciprocate them. This was the first time I had heard the words and felt them.

"And I love you, America Singer. With all that I am, I love you." I said smiling at her.

"Kiss me," she whispered and I obliged. She dug her fingers into my back, but this time I didn't stop her. I kissed her more passionately than before. I wrapped my hand around to the back of her dress and played with the buttons.

"Is this what you wanted that one night with the red dre-"

"Maxon I swear if you mention that night again, I'll get up and leave," she warned. I chuckled.

"I'm only teasing...I'm right though, aren't I?" She pushed me off her and started to get up.

"Hey! Come here, I'm sorry," I said grabbing her wrist. I really meant it but I couldn't stop smiling. I could tell she was holding back a smile too. "Say you love me again," I whispered against her ear.

"Make me," she retorted. I threw her back down on the bed and climbed on top of her, giggling. I grabbed the bust of her dress and pulled down hard, finally ripping the damn thing off and revealed the black slip underneath it. I took in the sight before me, unable to speak. She was quite literally breathtaking. Her hair had fallen around her hair like an glowing halo and her body...her body was perfect.

"You're so beautiful," I said finally. She blushed and kissed me. We worked together to get the rest of the garment off of her.

"Maxon," she said against my lips. I loved it.

"Hm?" I said kissing her jaw.

She pulled back to look me in the eyes. I stared back as my eyes widened.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," she whispered.

I smiled and took her in my arms, flipping us so she was on top. She placed her lips at my neck, slowly dragging them to my collarbone.

"America," I breathed as quietly as I could. She kissed down my torso, slowing down at specific places to leave a mark. I watched her, my abdomen contracting from her touch. Suddenly, there was a crash in the hall and I tensed and sat up, fearful that he was coming, that somehow he found out before I could tell him.

"It's not him," said America. "It's probably some maid or a guard or something." I let out the breath I was holding and fell onto my back, groaning.

"I can't, America, not like this. I'm sorry," I whispered.

"But it's okay," she assured. "We're safe here."

I shook my head. "I want to let all the walls down with you. You deserve that, and I can't now. Not yet. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," she said sadly.

"I want to be able to take you away somewhere, just you and me. Somewhere warm and private for our honeymoon. No cameras, no duties, no guards."

"That sounds wonderful." Her smile didn't quite meet her eyes.

"I fully intend to spoil you, you know," I said with a serious look on my face.

"But I don't want anything," she joked.

"I don't want to give you things." I paused. "Well, I take that back. I do want to give you things but what I mean is I'm going to cherish and love you more than any man has ever loved a woman. More than you ever dreamed you could be loved. I promise you that." She leaned over to give me a long, slow kiss. We lay still for a while, trying to calm our bodies down.

"Maxon?" she said into the silence.

"Hm?"

"Will you...can you spend the night here?" I raised my eyebrow at her. "I'll behave I promise," she laughed. "I just want you to be with me." I stared at the ceiling thinking about everything I had to prepare for in the morning.

"Alright. I'll have to leave early though."

"Okay."

"Okay."

I sat on the edge of the bed while I slipped off my pants and socks. I felt her small fingers trace the scars on my back. I inhaled sharply at her touch, but soon relaxed and climbed into bed with the woman I love. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed behind her ear. "Sleep well, my America."

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you," I replied. Within minutes I found myself falling soundly to sleep. I rarely slept, but being here, with this wonderful woman in my arms was the perfect way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was one of the the first chapters I wrote when starting this book and I finally get to publish ittt