Chapter Eight: Meili

"Alright! That's it, keep those arms stretched out!"

Beatrice couldn't quite describe the emotion she was feeling.

"Back and forth! One, two! One, two!"

Annoyed? Bewildered? Shocked?

"Aaand... Relax! Get ready for the next rep!"

Not even the company of her best friend Puck could distract her from the torrent in her head, even if said company was taking a catnap on her hair.

Beatrice watched, from the balcony of the mansion, Subaru, Emilia, and Rem all partaking in a morning exercise routine...

Have the events of last night simply never happened!?

"Gggrrrgh...!" Beatrice, pushing herself up and over the balcony, she had her feelings get the better of her,

"What is the meaning of this, I suppose!?" —And let out a very un-ladylike yell towards the group, making them all jump.

Even Puck was startled, woken up from her loud exclamation, "Uwah!? What's with the yelling?"

A moment of silence, as the three who were stretching together, turned to look at the spirit fussing over her emotions.

"Ah! Beako!" Subaru, smiling as if nothing was wrong, waved at her, "Good morning! Did you want to join us?"

"Absolutely not!" Beatrice exclaims, shaking her head, "Quite the contrary, in fact, knowing that crazy maid is with you! But, then again, I'm starting to wonder who is crazier!"

Easily, the words get under Rem's skin, as she starts to feel guilty once more over what happened last night.

Indeed... If it weren't for Subaru, she would've definitely been tossed away from this place by now —

"Rem isn't like that, Beatrice-san." Surprisingly, Emilia was the one to voice her thoughts, as she hovered a hand in front of Rem, as if to protect her,

"The things that happened yesterday... it's all in the past! After all, Subaru-kun said he's forgiven her, so... It's fine now, right?" Emilia smiled, taking Subaru's words as example.

"Even if that were true, could've you waited a day longer before making such a ridiculous scene, I wonder!?" Beatrice ostracized their morning workout, pointing at the group,

"We were just at each other's throats a half-day ago! You can't expect me to believe a couple of stretches is a showing of good will, I suppose!?"

Emilia lets out an awkward laugh, agreeing with how silly it sounds, but watches Subaru stand next to her, and place his hands on his hips,

"Don't knock it until you try it, Beako!" Subaru exclaims, with a bright smile, making Beatrice gawk,