𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉. 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘴.

∞

2020. kth - 23. jjk - 18.

The starting pistol went off the the two males started to climb. Taehyung's eyes splayed out wide as he watched the two find ledges and other areas to place their feet, while heaving up their bodyweight using their arms. He looked down to see people unfolding a net and holding it at the bottom.

Feeling unsure, the brunette walked over to someone to seek some reassurance.

"Hey, I have a question." He taps on the man's shoulder. He looked a little gruff, a prickly beard covering half his face with a pair of sunglasses perched on his nose. Taehyung swore that he saw the guy scrutinise him under his dark lenses. "Does that net really save them?" 

After a few seconds of silence the man decided to answer.

"Only until the fourth floor. After that they are on their own." He simply stated before going back to observe the climbers, clearly disinterested in the brunette beside him.

Meanwhile, Taehyung stood there in complete shock. His head whipped back up to watch how Jeongguk jumped from a balcony up to grapple onto the next on above him. He was already at the second floor. 

"Oh my god." Was all that came from Taehyung, he winced when Jeongguk's foot slipped, but the younger quickly regained his stance. 

It was close between the two climbers. Sungjae having an advantage as he was taller and a bit bigger than Jeongguk, but the ravenette was quick and carried on with more speed. Eventually, the youngest managed to overpass the other and the crowd started to cheer as he made it up to the fourth floor. 

Taehyung's palms were sweating, panic pounding against his chest as he watched them. And when Jeongguk hoisted himself up to the fifth floor, the older didn't even want to look anymore. But his eyes remained locked. 

He could only think about how far off they were from the ground.

As everyone watched Jeongguk slowly climb to victory, Sungjae gritted his teeth as he fell behind. Without thinking much about it, instead of climbing straight up, he slowly made his way over to the younger. 

People started to mumble in concern when seeing that Sungjae was catching up, but also taking the same route as Jeongguk had. Taehyung furrowed his brows in confusion, not understanding his lover's intentions. 

Meanwhile, Jeongguk's eyes blew up in relief when he noticed that he was only a few metres away from the sixth floor. His hand reached out for the next ledge, but his heart almost leaped out of his chest when his foot was pulled down and he came crashing down. 

The whole crowd gasped and held their breath. 

Jeongguk managed to land inside on a fifth floor balcony, he landed with a low groan from the heavy impact on his back. It completely winded him as he struggled to catch him breath. Meanwhile Sungjae clambered up the sixth floor, doing a victory pose. He cheered and hollered, but the crowd was quiet. Everyone had almost witnessed the foul play, and that was not respected.