𝙎𝙄𝙓𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉. 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥.

∞

2020. kth - 23. jjk - 18.

As the two buildings of their homes were approaching, Taehyung and Jeongguk were already off of their bikes, pushing them along at their side. It was almost a stalling mechanism, wanting to spend more time with each other despite the sun setting a while ago.

At one point Jeongguk said something stupid and Taehyung gasped in offence before giving the other's shin a light kick. The ravenette overexaggerated the inflicted pain and placed his hand over his heart, bending over while fake-coughing.

Taehyung simply rolled his eyes at the drama-queen, but a small chuckle slipped passed his lips anyway.

"Jeongguk." The voice caused the both of their gazes to turn toward the gate of Jeongguk's house, spotting the figure of the short blond. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for you?"

He seems mad.

Taehyung doesn't miss the way Jeongguk has tensed up, his loose and comfortable demeanour automatically hardening.

"I've called you, so many times." Yoonbin continued, his arms uncrossing as he took a few steps towards Jeongguk. Taehyung doesn't miss the way the smaller male threw him a judgemental side-glance. "Where were you?"

"I... Sorry, Yoonbin. Let's go inside." Jeongguk quickly grabbed the blond's arm and started tugging him towards his house, but Yoonbin was quick to shake his hold off of him.

"Don't fucking touch me, I don't want your whore hands on me." He spat. "This all happened because you can't keep your fucking pants on." The male snarled before he starting making his own way towards the entrance of the house. Jeongguk stayed behind, his fists curling up as he remained static in his place.

Taehyung's chest ached, his hand itched towards comforting the other, but he managed to stop himself before he did anything foolish. He wasn't sure if Jeongguk was comfortable with that kind of contact between them.

So, Taehyung just stood there like an idiot. Hand frozen mid-way as he tightened his lips together, his arm falling back at his side. He felt helpless, powerless. He had promised to help Jeongguk, and so far was failing miserably at it. He didn't even know what to say.

It seemed like the younger could sense the older's uneasiness, because when Taehyung found a few words, Jeongguk stopped him from even opening his mouth.

"Don't say anything." His voice was firm, desperate. "Don't... say anything." There wasn't another word he could muster, it was like all the lively energy he carried had been drained within seconds. So he simply walked away and followed Yoonbin into his house.

Taehyung's lips parted, but the words were caught in his throat. He could only watch the retreating figure of the other, still feeling utterly helpless.