Chapter 53

Harlows POV

*Beep* *Beep*

That was the only noise I could hear for the past two minutes and it wasn't helping my headache. I kept my eyes closed not being able to open them just yet. My body ached anytime I moved it.

Yesterday when I had gotten to the hospital, my mind was all foggy. When I had first woken up I was terrified, I hadn't a clue what was going on. No matter how many times they explained it to me. I just knew my brothers were there. I spent the whole day trying to put the memories in order. But today it is a lot more clearer.

Was I pissed at my brothers?

Wait why is that even a question?

Yes and honestly I don't want to talk to them. Yesterday I just needed them to comfort me but now I'm back being pissed.

My headache started to get worse. I groaned putting my cold hand on my forhead trying to soothe the pain. Even my arms hurt when I moved them. I hadn't even noticed that my other hand was being held by someone.

I slowly opened my eyes to the dim lit room. Closing them when I found it had gotten to bright. Even if the room was dimly lit. When I finally reopened my eyes I looked around the room I was in.

The same as any hospital room except private room style. Plain, white walls, a small couch up against the window, the bed in the middle of the room, machines and single chair by the bed. Right now it was occupied by Lucas who was smiling down at me as his thumb rubbed my hand.

I shut my eyes again tight as a strong pain came from my headache.

"Harl are you okay?" Lucas asked worried. I didn't reply. I put my cold hand again up against my forehead. I shook my head.

"Do you need more pain medication?" Lucas asked and I nodded my head. The pain still hadn't resided. I could feel the tears build up in my eyes.

I felt the warmth Lucas's hand gave me leave. I heard a door opening and after about a minute. I heard steps.

Someone grabbed my hand that I didn't have my IV in. Which I guessed was Lucas.

"Harl the nurse needs your other hand so she can give you some pain medication through your IV." I slowly removed my hand from my head doing what Lucas saids. I felt someone lightly lift my arm.

"Harlow this isn't going to hurt. It's just going to feel cold." I'm the nurse said. Like said I felt cold stuff run up my arm. After about a minute the pain started to reside. I opened my eyes.

The nurse stood to my right smiling down on me. "Are you feeling better now?" She asked and I nodded. I wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Well then. Let me know if your in anymore pain and we will see what we can do." She smiled leaving the room.

When the nurse left, it left an awkward silence between both me and Lucas. He just continued to look at me while rubbing my hand with his thumb. While I stared up at the ceiling avoiding his eye contact.

He sighed. "It's eleven. Xavier should be here soon with some breakfast."

I nodded my head not taking my eyes off the ceiling. I didn't want to move because I knew it would hurt. I moved my hand that was in Lucas's trying to give him the cold shoulder. But he just grabbed it back.