Siren (Platonic Connor x Reader)

There’s magic in a song. In its words, in its meanings. Music- of any form has power over people and android alike. Power to change thoughts and instil emotions for things you haven’t felt in years. It was viable during the peace rally, where androids finally earned their independence, visible each day when a smile was pulled upon someone’s face by the mere utterance of a tune. Vocals, melody, each kind had a wonderful cadence and tune with which every person on the planet can find enjoyment in.

Gavin wasn’t feeling so blessed by your singing at this moment.

In Hanks opinion, it was his fault. He knew that now Connor was a full-time detective that he would have HR on his side were Gavin to try to start any little ‘arguments’. And he also knew that there was another spirit of vengeance, working in the office alongside HR as an agent of chaos, preventing workplace abuse with a twist.

Yeah, Hank usually hated night shift. But with a show like this, how could he complain tonight?

“So needless to say-” You yelled the second verse to AHA’s Take On Me with a passion Hank himself had not seen in years. Never before had he heard the song sing in such high pitched, hellish tones. And neither had Gavin he supposed, judging by the pained expression on the detectives face as you screeched into the near empty police station, music playing faintly from your terminal.

“Of odds and ends! But that’s me stumbling away! Slowly learning that life is ok!” You spun in your wheely chair, arms high above as you fought back laughter. Gavin was mere centimetres away, trying and failing to push you away from him with a desperation only men close to death had.

Hank himself felt pretty great, with his noise-cancelling headphones.

“WOULD YOU FUCKING STOP?” Gavin screamed with his hands fixed over his ears. But it was too late. It was nearly 3 am, you’d had a good 5 cups of coffee, and were intent on getting revenge for your wronged friend.

“Say after me-” You continued, fighting back Gavin’s hands with vicious slaps. Just as Hank felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned but had a good idea of who it was as his eyes met with a dark brown, holding no emotion other than concern.

“What is Detective Y/L/N doing?” Connor asked as he side-eyed your spinning form, waving a quick hello with a bright smile as you moved to the next and final line for the chorus.

“It’s no better to be safe than sorry!”

Hank thought for a moment on how best to word that Gavin was going through this auditory hellscape because of Connor. In a way.

“You remember how Gavin broke your terminal last week?” He asked, and Connor nodded with a creased brow. Hank lifted a hand and waved it your way.

“Well, there’s your angel of vengeance.” He said, going to put the noise cancelling headphones on.

“Take on me! Take on me!” You screamed as Hank raised his voice a little, pointing to his ears.

“You might wanna turn off your hearing!” He says as Connor looked upon the trainwreck with the light amusement only one uninvolved could take.

“Take me on! Take on me!” You moved closer to his ear and Gavin began to struggle to grab his things and put them in his bag.

“STOP!” Gavin yelled, again to no avail. Hank wished he had popcorn.

“I’ll be gone.” You sucked in a deep breath as Detective Reed bolted up from his seat, unable to get out of the room as you begun your final banshee screech.

“In a day or TWOOOOOO!” And just like that, Gavin was gone. In under 3 minutes, you had achieved what most in the precinct had only dreamed of.

Hank would have enjoyed it more had the situation not now made his wallet all the lighter.

“Took less than 10 minutes! 20 fuckin dollars Anderson!” You said in a hoarse voice, rolling over in your chair with your hand out as Hank rolled his eyes and fished out the money. Connor, who had apparently turned his hearing back on looked at you with a terrified awe.

“That was… quite the performance.” He said as you offered a wide grin.

“5 years of choir, baby! I got some lungs!” You beamed, rolling backwards in your chair as you pocketed the money, going on a trajectory towards Gavin’s desk.

“Let’s fuck with his files. Bet there’s some weird porn.” You beamed like an imp, already logging into his account as Hank stood up with a sigh, walking over to where you were, the promise of blackmail material an enticing prospect. This was shaping up to be an interesting night shift.

Music truly was a powerful thing.