By the Light part 1

Elena and Bonnie were sitting in her room as Bonnie studied the moonstone. Elena looked at Bonnie with a frown, "What are you going to do with it now that you've got it?"

"I'm trying to figure out what is binding the Sun and the Moon Curse." Bonnie explained. "If I can do that then I can start to figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone and the stone becomes useless."

"And, according to Kathrine, Klaus becomes vengeful." Elena added with a sigh.

"If he finds out." Bonnie looked at her.

"Can't this wait?" Elena asked. "We've got to help Stefan out from the tomb."

"Stefan wants me to focus on this." Bonnie said to her.

"And you're listening to him instead of me because you guys think you are protecting me." Elena groaned.

"We're not going to let you get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual." Bonnie told her firmly.

"What are you guys arguing about?" Jeremy asked as he walked in.

"We are not arguing about anything." Bonnie said as she stood up and left.

"What?" Elena sked as she saw Jeremy looking at her.

"Why are you so determined to die?" Jeremy asked quietly with pain in his eyes.

"Because if I die that's one death." Elena looked at him and smiled gently. "But if we try to prevent the sacrifice then who knows how many of you guys will die."

"I don't want to lose you, Lena." Jeremy murmured and left.

Elena sat there for a while and thought about what to do, she could take the moonstone from Bonnies purse but if she remembered correctly that would result in her being trapped in her house all day.

Elena got dressed in a white flowy dress and her black combat boots and then she made her way down the stairs. She had her bike keys in her hand when Bonnie stopped her.

"Where are you going?" Bonnie asked

"I was going to the boarding house to call Mason." Elena said. "Apparently some woman named Jules came to the Lockwood mansion looking for him and I need to call before the puppy can chain himself up for the night."