Thanksgiving Dinner//Fred Weasley

A/N: On the day that I'm writing this it is thanksgiving. If you celebrate I hope you had a great day and if you don't I still hope you had a good days. I am so thankful to everyone who has been reading this story and all of my others, it truly means the world to me <3

_______________________________

It was thanksgiving day the year after the battle at Hogwarts. Your boyfriend of four years, Fred Weasley, and his family didn't celebrate thanksgiving but you were a transfer student to Hogwarts after living in the United States. Everyone needed a bit of an uplifting day after all of the traumatic events that occurred this year. Luckily everyone in your family and Fred's was alive and well but many friends and teachers didn't survive.

Although none of the Weasley's understood what you were celebrating, they all seemed quite happy to have dinner being cooked for them. Molly was helping you a bit and Ginny and Hermione popped into the kitchen every once in a while but it was mainly just you.

There were so many people filling up the small, cozy burrow. Bill, Fleur, Percy, Ron, Hermione, Harry, Fred, George, Arthur, Molly, Ginny, and you all managed to fit in the small space. Even Charlie had left Romania for one day after you practically begged him to join you guys.

You were watching the turkey which was in the oven while mixing the mashed potatoes and directing Ginny on how to make a pumpkin pie. You were a bit overwhelmed but knew that it would all be worth it in the end. 

All of a sudden Fred walked up behind you, snaking his arms around your waist. "Whatcha doing love?" he whispered into your ear, his breath against your neck forming goosebumps on your skin.

"What does it look like I'm doing, " you giggled while continuing to mash the potatoes together.

"Standing there looking beautiful as always, " he continued to whisper in your ear. You smirked before turning towards him so your faces were inches away.

"Am I just a pretty girl to you?" you asked jokingly while looking directly into his enchanting eyes.

"You know you are so much more than that, " he said while picking up a bit of the food and licking it off his finger. "And an amazing cook, even better than mum, " he added.

"How can that even be possible?" you asked with a huge smile on your face.

"Let's be honest, mum just uses magic. Unlike her, you make it all by hand, " he said before pulling you into a kiss. His lips crashed against yours, gentle at first but soon filled with much more passion. You let go of the wooden spoon which was in your hand and wrapped your arms around his neck. 

"When is dinner going to be-," a voice said while walking into the kitchen. You and Fred pulled away to see Percy looking back at you with a disgusted face. "Will you guys get a room, I am hungry here and would like it if you didn't cause me to lose my appetite, " he groaned before turning back around and leaving the room.

You and Fred looked back at each other and started laughing hysterically. When you both finally caught your breath Fred kissed you on the forehead. You tried to restrain yourself from blushing but it was no use, you knew your face had turned three shades redder.   

"Would you like to help me with dinner, I'm sure everyone is getting a bit impatient, " you asked. "I'd love to, what do I need to do?" Fred responded while rolling up his sleeves. You handed him the recipe for the stuffing and hoped that he ended up making it all correctly.

You finished up the potatoes then pulled the turkey out of the oven and cut it into slices. You neatly placed biscuits and cranberry sauce into their bowls then began to move everything onto the dining room table.

"I'll grab the silverware, can you lay out the cups Fred, " you said while grabbing enough forks, knives, and spoons for everyone. You carefully set them on top of each placemat then made sure that Fred put a cup at every seat.

"Perfect, now we just gotta get everyone, " you said while turning to Fred and smiling. He once again pulled you in for a quick kiss before going to get the others from upstairs. You stayed on this level and moved into the living room to find Arthur, Charlie, Percy, Bill, and Fleur.

"Dinner is all done now, " you called to them. They all eagerly stood up and made their way towards the dinner table. You sat next to Fred with Ron on your other side and Harry and Ginny across from you. 

Everyone started to place food on their plate and shove it into their mouths. You turned to see Ron who had his plate piled up so high you thought it was going to fall over. "Ron, mind leaving some for the rest of us, " you heard Hermione say.

"What, I'm hungry. Y/n said that thanksgiving was for eating a lot and that's what I'm going to do, " Ron responded while gobbling up everything on the plate. 

You laughed and rolled your eyes before responding, "that's not exactly what I said but good enough."

Everyone seemed to be enjoying the food, you received many compliments from the whole family. It made you happy to see everyone else talking and having a good time, considering the events that happened earlier in the year. 

"Who made the stuffing, " Percy said while spitting it out onto his plate and making the most disgusted face.

I looked up at him with a confused face and said, "Fred did, do you not like it?"

"It's so salty, what were you thinking, " he said while picking up his cup. You looked back at Fred to see him trying to hold back a smirk. You raised an eyebrow before hearing a scream from Percy's mouth.

You whipped your head back around and your eyes grew wide when you saw Percy's cup dangling from his nose. "Nose biting teacup, nice one, " George said while laughing along with his brother. You were trying your hardest to keep your laughs back but seeing the reactions of everyone else at the table was just too funny.

"Get it off of me!" Percy yelled while trying to pull it off of his nose. "Ok, ok. Stay still or else I can't get it, " Molly said while reaching out to unclasp it from Percy's face. Once the teacup was removed you saw a red bite mark.

He stood up and glared straight at Fred, "I know you did this! You must think this is so funny but it's not and you'll see when karma comes to get you." Percy turned around and walked with his head held up in the air, acting much more dramatic than necessary.

Everyone stared at the doorway that he had walked through for a good thirty seconds before erupting into laughter. "How come you didn't get me in on the prank, " you said while shoving Fred slightly.

"Don't worry darling, there will be plenty more, " Fred smirked. With that everyone fell silent and started to analyze everything around them, worried that if they made one wrong move everything could go to chaos. 

"Don't worry, I'm only joking. Right Georgie, " he said while giving him a nudge on the shoulder.

"Of course, we would never prank you guys, " George said innocently. No one was reassured by this but I managed to smirk slightly knowing that Fred and George had no clue about the many pranks I was planning on pulling later today.