Chapter 40

During dinner, Sinaan informed that he needed to go to Karachi in 2 days for an important deal.

" Ada, I have just returned and you are going to Karachi." Haris said with an exaggerated pout. A small smile came on Adar's lips seeing his antics. 

"Drama queen " Sinaan muttered shaking his head, but didn't bother consoling him. 

"Bhabi, you see! he doesn't even care about me sulking!!! " haris said as soon as his father left the dining room. They were done with the dinner, Adar got up to take care of the left overs. 

Adar only gave him a small smile " you are also going to avoid me! like husband like wife. " He pouted wiping the non existent tears. 

Sinaan's eyes were on the soft smile on his wife's face. He watched her till she disappeared into the kitchen. 

Sinaan and Haris went to the terrace. They spent some time catching up, Sinaan told him about the things going on there. Haris had gone a degree in business and he was going to join them.

At night, when Sinaan came to the bedroom, Adar was already asleep. Sinaan sighed and went to get ready for bed. He didn't know where this relationship was going. 

------------------

After 2 days, Haris and Sinaan had just returned home after meeting some local workers, Haris was already taking interest in the business, his usual chill behavior wasn't seen in his work, he did his job vigorously. They both headed towards their rooms to freshen up. Adar was in the room,placing some clothes in the cupboard. 

Sinaan said a Salaam aloud to get her attention. She returned the greeting, but then continued with her work. Sinaan clenched and headed towards the bathroom.

By the time , he got out, Adar was no where in sight. He combed his hair and left the room with a sigh. 

He saw Adar placing dishes on the table, Haris was standing near with his forearms resting on the chair in front of him. Sinaan pinched his lips as he moved towards them. 

Haris had said something, which made Adar laugh. Sinaan's brows knitted hearing the soft voice. He had never heard her chuckle. 

" Ada! I was asking bhabi, if she has a cousin , beautiful like her" Haris informed him with a grin as his eyes fell on his brother. 

Adar's smile stifled quickly as knew about his presence. She went back to the kitchen to get other dishes. Sinaan saw her leave with a stony expression on her face and he fisted his hands. He wanted to hurt something really badly at that time. 

His parents came and they all settled down for dinner. His mother asked him about the time he would be leaving next day. 

"I will be leaving early in the morning, Ammi. Adar will also be coming with me " He informed and focused on his food. 

Adar looked at him like he was speaking in a different language, she wasn't even sure if she heard right. 

" That's good. Adar have you done your packing yet?" she asked Adar after replying to Sinaan. 

Adar shook her head still not believing what she was hearing. 

"Do it after dinner, I will see other things." Her mother in law said with a kind smile. 

A frown appeared on her forehead, she wasn't able to eat much after that. She didn't know why was he even doing all this. She hadn't forgot how he had denied to take her to Karachi just after a few days of their marriage. Sinaan was noticing everything, but acted as if his focus was completely on his food. 

Adar went to her room after dinner, she was pacing around the room, when he entered. She stopped seeing him "why?!... " She asked, her voice was barely audible.

"I want you to come, that's why " Sinaan said looking in her eyes, there were finally some emotions in her eyes as he looked at him, even if it was restlessness.

"You yourself said, you go to Karachi for work. What will I do there ?" She asked looking up at him. 

"Do what you do here, when I am not home. And now start packing" Sinaan said and went towards the bed. He heard the bathroom door closing as he sat on the bed. 

Sinaan checked his phone, waiting for her to get out, unconsciously.

Finally the door opened after 40 minutes, Adar headed towards the wardrobe and started packing. When she came towards the bed, Sinaan saw that her face was puffy and her eyes red. He felt something clenching in him, as she laid down on the bed facing away from him.

He didn't know if he had done the right thing. He knew that his decision was irrational, there was nothing wrong in what he saw. But he hated it, hated that she laughed because of Haris and he had never got to hear her laugh before. He hated that it wasn't him , who made her laugh........

"Adar?" he called her, but she didn't move from her place, acting as if she couldn't listen

"Adar.." he called her again, she turned towards him reluctantly.

"Roi ho (have you cried?) "He asked looking at her in dim light.

She shook her head with the same cold expression, the expression he got to hate more than anything in the world.

Sinaan took a deep breathe, calming himself, and then pulled her to himself.

Adar was stiff in his arms, but she didn't move away. Sinaan ran a hand through her hair, trying to relax her,but she remained stiff.

"We need to wake up early, so its better if you try to sleep"he informed her, still not removing his embrace.

Crying had exhausted her more after a long day, Adar fell asleep when she didnt see any hope of moving away.

Sinaan also went to sleep hearing her deep breathes on his chest. He wanted his wife, but it was a lot more than just that. He craved her nearness, her touch, her shyness, and most of all her smiles, her gaze on him.

-------------------

Usky lfz to hen mere lie fareb sahab
Uski aankhon ne bhi mujh se jhoot bola he
Usky pyar ki gehrai uska peechy htna btata he
Uski ishq k naam pr wqt guzaari hmara kissa sunata he....

________________
Salaam readers!I am back❤️ Next update will be of chashman and Miraan.