Chapter 13

Don't forget to VOTE!

Hours After Dinner...

Xavier's POV

When my mom mentioned she didn't want me anywhere near Arii, she meant exactly that.

It's like wherever you saw her you'd either see Maddox or my mother as if they'd be there waiting for me to make a move, daring me to come closer.

Maddox pissed me off the most with the smug grin that was plastered on his face. He knew how much I wanted to be near her, talk to her at least so he'd stay with her just to torture me.

This doesn't even concern him yet he chooses to annoy me by acting like some guardian angel around her. I tried getting her alone so that I could talk to her before we settled down for dinner but that was pointless. The same thing happened after dinner.

I told my father to at least try and talk some sense into my mother but he didn't want to bother her since she already resulted in giving him the silent treatment.

He was still more than relieved when Axarii told him she was no longer upset with him. I am now sitting in the living room watching the Lion King with Cole and Reyna.

This movie was nothing new but the two had focused all of their attention on it while I sulked in a corner. At times like this, the three of us being together in one room just brings me back to reality.

Reminds me about everything that happened in the past. The fact that I am now a father. I just can't believe how stupid I was back then... to actually believe others over my own damn wife! I missed out on both of my kids being born, their first words, first steps, first birthday... everything.

And there was nothing I could do to get it back.

****

Axarii's POV

I'm not gonna lie... the little fuse between Xavier and his family made my day but it was also becoming exhausting and causing me to be uncomfortable during certain conversations. Both Maddox and Christina have been by my side ever since dinner. I've tried every excuse in the book for them to give me some alone time but nothing seems to push them away.

Especially Christina.

I can see that Maddox is in on this just so he can piss off his younger brother but Christina is determined to keep us apart. A part of me is pleased with this while the other part is slightly upset, urging me to go and look for him, but me, being the stubborn woman I've always been, refused to chase after a man.

Here I was now sitting outside on the back porch, staring up at the sky that has now lost its beam of light while all my thoughts kept me distracted from reality.

Coming back home wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be. Besides both my sister and dad being overprotective while my brother was just an complete ass.

Not to mention Christina and the others.

"Mind if I sit?" Turning towards the voice already knowing who it was, shrugging my shoulders in response. After a few moments of silence Xavier took his place next to me. "Are you sure it's a good idea for you to be with me... alone?" Raising a eyebrow up at him in questioning, him laughing softly.