Yule ball

(Some ideas for dresses, I like 6 personally :) )
Also, this isn't related to actually Harry Potter it's another kids story in hogwarts lol so no favouritism towards Harry.
-

You found yourself waking up early this morning so you decided to just get up, throw your uniform on and get out the dorm room into the hall. A bit of extra study before breakfast never hurt anyone...

Once sat in the great hall, you got out your potions book, a couple of sheets of fresh parchment and your quill and ink pot before settling down and getting in some last minutes revision for the O.W.Ls next week.

After a couple of minutes, you smelt the familiar scent of your boyfriend, Louis.

You looked up to find him sat down opposite you on your house table.

"Yes?" You ask him, slightly annoyed considering it's early in the morning and the stress of the exams is getting to you.

"How are you y/n?" He asks you rather formally which confuses you slightly.

"I'm very well thank you, how are you Louis?" You mimic his tome of voice and his speech.

He laughs at you while resting his head on the palm of his hand.

"Look I just wanted to let you know that I've got final preparations for the quidditch match tomorrow and so I won't be in Charms class" he says softly, looking into your eyes and admiring them.

"Okay that's fine. Please don't get hurt Lou, I can't handle seeing you in the hospital wing again, not after that awful fall last season" you say in a small voice.

Louis got into a collision with a bludger last year which sent him spiralling off his broom and to the hard ground of the pitch. It left him in the Medical beds for at least a month with a minor concussion and a fractured arm. Luckily, it wasn't anything Madame Ponfrey couldn't fix.

"I'm sorry" he says with a small pout on his lips and a furrow between his eyebrows.

"It wasn't your fault, don't worry lovely" you say, reaching out and brushing his messy bed hair out of his face. "Now, lets get some breakfast and I'll see you at dinner?" You ask him, to which he nods in response and gives you a gentle kiss on the forehead before getting up and walking out of the great hall.

You sigh and begin to pack your things away, grabbing an apple from the large copper bowls and walking to your first class, Herbology.

-

For some reason, Charms was moved from the charms classrooms into the great hall which was now free from any table, only the eight wooden benches which were now pushed to the side for the students, like yourself, to sit on.

"So this year, as seventh years, you have your Yule ball. The time for celebration and coming together as one for your last year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Not only in the Yule ball a Christmas do, but a dance first and foremost. So today, you are going to learn a traditional ballroom dance taught every single year to children like yourselfs, so up on your feet and find a partner" Your head of house says shakily before pressing play on the music player and clapping their hands together to signify the start of the dancing lesson.

Of course though, the one time Louis isn't with you for charms class, is the one time you do couples dance classes.

You end up being paired with a boy named Clive who you know is in slytherin but that's about it. Oh, that and the fact he has tried to kiss every girl in Hogwarts but has failed in all cases but one. If moaning myrtle even counts...

-

Soon enough, you find yourself back in your common room snuggling in close to Louis by the fire.