Chapter 20 || "My fucking feelings!"

- Ashton -

"Come on, lighten up Ashton!" Luke called, struggling to be heard over the music "It's a party!"

I forced a smile and glanced around at the crowded room, disgust rising in my stomach.

Why the hell was I here?

I should have been home with Pandora, curled up on the couch with Kira by our side and a great movie on the TV. Not sitting alone at a party, surrounded by drunken teenagers who attempted to fück anything with a pulse.

Calum passed out another round of shots and we instantly downed them, the liquid stinging my throat on the way down. It burned my stomach and left me feeling slightly light headed, but I didn't care.

Anything to stop me thinking of Pandora.

"Oh, look who it is!" Michael exclaimed, his eyes focused on something behind me.

Slowly, I turned around, coming face to face with Alex. Her jet black hair was tied back into a neat ponytail, a tight black dress hugging her body. She looked beautiful, yet my stomach didn't somersault like it used to.

They only person who could make me feel that way was Pandora, and I hated it.

"Hey babe!" She exclaimed, her hands cupping the sides of my face and tugging my lips to hers.

I hesitantly kissed her back as she yanked me closer, her fake nails digging sharply into the sides of my cheeks. She tasted of alcohol and smoke, and I had never been more disgusted .

"What are you doing here?" I mumbled, breaking apart from the kiss.

She shrugged, affectionately wiping the corner of my mouth before sitting herself down on my lap, straddling my thighs.

I swallowed back down the bile rising in my throat and returned a small smile, trying not to wince as she wrapped her arms tightly around my neck.

Everything about her was so forced, as if she was constantly in a rush. I used to like that about her, but now, it just seemed desperate.

"I thought I'd come see you," she cooed, placing a kiss to the tip of my nose "is that okay?"

"Of course," I lied, gently placing my hands on her waist "I was just surprised, that's all."

She beamed before pulling me into another kiss, this time slipping her tongue into my mouth. It was okay at first, but her tongue bar constantly hit against my teeth and I had to pull away, awkwardly coughing as if I were ill.

I wish I could just break up with her, right here and now, but I didn't want to be a díck. That would just prove what Pandora had said all along, and I couldn't let that happen.

Not if I ever wanted to be with her.

"Do you want to go upstairs?" Alex murmured quietly, her breath tickling my ear.

She began to unbutton my shirt and I quickly pushed her away, my cheeks flushing a deep shade of red.

The boys didn't seem to notice us, which I was extremely thankful for. If they had just witnessed me push off an advance like this, I don't think I'd ever live it down.

"Come on Ashy," she chuckled, slipping her hand down to grip onto my thigh "just come upstairs."

"No Alex," I sighed, gently pushing her off me "you're drunk and confused, you don't want this."

"Yes I do." She pouted, her fingers crawling disgustingly up my leg "I'm not even that drunk."

"Still," I cringed, taking her hands off me "not tonight, maybe when you're sober?"