35: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 35

A couple days passed and I was as happy as ever. Jett and I were comfortable with each other and our relationship was really just like our friendship except there were a couple added kisses here and there.

That’s another thing I had found out; apparently I was also Jett’s first kiss as he was mine. Nobody had ever wanted to know him as the great guy he was so I was really the only girl he had ever had a romantic interest in.

Today was Wednesday and the final bell had just rung, meaning I was on my way out of anatomy and headed towards my locker. I hadn’t gotten much homework for the night and that was fine. I didn’t have a shift at Kaffeine tonight so I was planning on finishing up the calculus problems I was given and then have a lazy night watching movies in my pajamas.

When I arrived at my locker, I quickly spun the dial through my combo before opening the door and putting my binders away. After making sure I had my calculus in my bag, I took a peek in the small mirror I had hanging on my locker door, quickly running my hands through my hair before closing my locker door.

As I started to turn around, two arms came out of nowhere, wrapping themselves around me tightly. “And where do you think you’re going?” the voice whispered into my ear with a deep and husky voice.

I giggled slightly and rolled my eyes at the comedian. As expected, I turned around in the person’s arms, coming face to face with a smiling Jett. I smiled up at him, giving him a quick peck on the lips before replying. “Well hello to you.”

Jett smiled at me, moving his hands down my arms until they reached my hands and clasped them with his. “Hey Soph, so… what are you planning to do tonight?” he asked slightly nervous.

I returned the smile as genuinely as possible. “Well I have a bit of calculus homework so I’ll do that when I get home and then I was planning on just lounging around in some baggy clothing and watching a couple of movies. Why?” I asked curiously.

“Umm, well I guess my parents know that we’ve been hanging out a lot more than we used to so they kind of wanted you to come over for dinner tonight. I thought we could head straight to my house and you could help me out with some science homework then we could watch a movie together.” he explained, ending with a puppy dog look plastered onto his face.

I thought about it quickly. It was really the same thing I was planning on doing but I would get to hang around Jett and just chill, so I nodded. “Yea, I’d like that, but what do you need help in?” I asked curiously as I took his hand and lead him towards the front of the school.

He looked at me sheepishly. “I wasn’t really concentrating today in chemistry and I’d really appreciate it if you could explain the whole acid and base thing to me because when I took a look at the homework I have no idea what the hell I’m doing.” he explained.