five

⋆⋆⋆

⋆⋆⋆

"You're a- you're a- you're-" Alex stuttered, pointing an accusing finger towards Athena, who felt her anxiety increasing by the second. "You're a wizard!" The Russo girl finally managed to say, in a really high voice for Athena's liking.

She rushed to Alex, shushing her. "W-what?" The blonde shrugged with a incredulous look. "What are you talking about?" She was trying to get herself out of that situation, knowing her mother would murder her for letting their secret out. How could she be so reckless?

Alex still seemed to be processing everything. "That explains everything! Why you and your brothers are always  running out of places and giving lame excuses, like... like..." The brunette snapped her fingers. "Like last week when Aaron said you guys had to get your grandma new running shoes." Alex crossed her arms over her chest. "I should've known old people don't run." She shook her head negatively, crossing her arms over her chest.

Athena chewed on the skin around her nail, trying to come up with an explanation. "Alex, how could I be a wizard? Magic doesn't even exist! Well, except for magicians who make tricks with cards, but we all know those are just illusions and some times, luck." Alex reached out for the Jones girl's boot, grabbing her wand.

"And how can you explain this?" She shook the wand slightly.

Athena held out her hand, motioning to the wand. "That's just my... my back scratcher!"

"Liar." The Russo girl mumbled. "Just admit it already."

Athena felt her chest tightening, her body warming up and making her sweat in cold. "Alex, you can't tell anyone." She warned in a low voice. "Please."

Alex smirked. "Ah, so you admit it?"

With her arms dropping at her sides, Athena nodded with sigh. "I'm a wizard." She muttered, giving up on trying to keep her family's secret.

"That means you're brothers are also wizards." Alex tilted her head to the side. "Oh, that actually explains why they're so weird."

Athena had to agree with that.

"So, will you keep it secret?" The blonde asked hopefully.

Alex nodded. "I will." Athena let out a relieved breath and felt her shoulders relaxing.

But before she had the chance to say or do anything else, Alex broke out into a run, stumbling inside the Sub Station, which held a closed sign at the entrance. "The Jones are wizards! The Jones are wizards!" The Russo girl yelled, still holding Athena's wand in her hands.

"Alex!" Athena squealed, running after her. "What are you doing?" She yelped, feeling her blood running cold as all the Russos came downstairs, all of them holding confused looks on their faces.

"You guys won't believe this!" Alex started.

Athena gulped, and ran in Alex's direction, throwing herself at her. Alex groaned as both of them fell on the ground, the youngest girl holding a hand over Alex's mouth.