Chapter 6

"Cold..." he mumbled, hearing something dripping. His vision followed the sound around the blackish room until his eyes laid onto a familiar person. "Sykkuno...?" Corpse asked as he rushes onto the lad's side and hugged him dearly. 

Wait.

Why is there something soaking on Sykkuno's back? He looks at his palm that wasn't filled with water, instead was filled with what looked like...

Blood.

The boy's leg gave out as he tramples upon the fountain of blood beneath them.  A woman's voice could be heard not afar...

"The only place where you find warmth,

will be in the pool filled with life."

"S-Sykkuno? Wake up please! Don't leave me..." Corpse mutters as tears stream down his cheeks, He could see a shiny object glinting through the red liquid. It's a knife. His quivering hands then pulled it out while aiming towards his own chest. A sudden wave of blood approached him, as he sinks something soft and warmth wrapped around him and yanked him back before he could stab himself.

"N-no Sy-k" Corpse shouted, as he jolted awake from his nightmare, only to see Sykkuno hugging him tightly while the rest giving a worried look. Without moving his body, he looks around, enough to know that his at medbay. 

What's going on? He struggled a while to get up on the bed. 

"What's going on? Why am I here? " Corpse say to himself. "How did I get here?" He thinks back. 

"Do you not remember?" Michael sits at the side of the bed, checking Corpse's pulse rate. "I-I'll tell him myself." Sykkuno signals Michaels as everyone left the room. 

Flashback...

After Corpse's collapse due to loss of blood, Michael rushed over to stop the bleeding and tried to immobilise the wound as much as possible. "No No NO NOOOoooo" Fed shouted as he pushed Michael away. 

"YOU GUYS SHOULDN'T SAVE HIM!" Fed swings the pocket knife around, threatening to stab anyone who gets close. Corpse's face could be seen paler and paler as moments past by. Toast tried to tackle the man but wasn't successful, as he was slammed onto the ground with a great force, making the entire body ache and possibly fracture.

Sound that left his mouth on the impact didn't create any words but was left with gibberish screaming.

The bastard let go off Toast's body, towering above him menacingly while he tried scampering away from him. With no mercy, Fed's foot slammed on his hand. A cracked sound could be heard along with a loud scream.

"Toast!!!" Rae cried out as she ran towards the injured man. "Where do you think you're going?" Fed replied in a low tone, as he grabs ont Rae's hair, his knife on her throat. "Rae NO!!!" Toast shouted as he lunges towards the guy and this time was succesful, he pulled the man's leg which made his face impact onto the ground. 

"Where's the ropes?!" Toast looked at Lily. "We don't have it anymore..." Lily replied not knowing what to do. Toast was hesistant wondering if he should kill the man or keep him for more information. 

It wasn't long before the man break free from Toast's grip. This time more furious than before, unhesitatingly he stab again and again to whoever was close to him. It was like he lost all his senses. Toast was still gripping tight onto the man even though he was already soaked with his own blood, slowly as time passed by his concious started to fade as his grip loosen. 

Michael rushed towards Corpse and quickly pulled him away while Sykkuno tries to distract the man.

Greaseball then sneaks behind the man, trying to retrieve Toast. But before he could get close to them, Fed turned around and noticed him. "Fuck" Greaseball charged towards him and lay a punch onto the man's cheeks. 

The man hits his head onto the floor with a loud bam, as he laid there unconcious. "Toast!!!" Rae then rushed towards the him, pulling the cold body towards herself. "No no no no no breath please..!!!" Rae tried to put pressure onto the wound, but there wasn't any used. Everyone stood there silent, Rae's wailing echoeing throughout the whole ship. 

"And so... we ejected Fed and Toast together that day... We couldn't risk having Fed ambushing us... we were short in hands... We still have 2 imposters too..."Sykkuno said in disbelief.

"And... Rae ejected herself not long after that... she couldn't take that Toast died... " He continued his grip tighthened. "If only I could have done something to help.." a great tremor overtook him as tears raced down his cheeks. He could not hold back the heartbreak any longer and stare at the dishieveled blanket as his grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears. 

A gut-wrenching feeling tore through Corpse's chest as he pulled Sykkuno into his warm embrace. "It's gonna be okay..." Corpse assured in a low tone, his fingers trickling on Sykkuno's hair, another wiping his cheeks every few seconds. 

---------------------------🌱---------------------------

Hello there friendsss!!! The book is almost coming to an end soon^^ although its really sad, but i have a good news!

Recently i've actually been working on a Ludwig x Sykkuno fanfiction! Once i'm done with "Sykkuno x Corpse ||always be with me" i'll update the chapter for ludwig huehue

Do you guys have any questionsss? Like leave a comment i really would want to know what you guys think!