Chapter 29

Rus's P.O.V (homophobia)

I glanced sideways at America, who was promptly writing notes on the things UN, EU, and others brought up. 

I found it rather pointless, due to the fact that they were old and drilled into our brains. Everything was aging and getting repetitive. Of course, some new information would slip in now and again, like a raid in the southern part of the Philippines, but it was mostly dull. 

My eyes traveled back up to the front of the room, where there was a little bickering going on between EU and UN. 

I had no idea what it was about, but from what it looked like, I assumed that EU was winning in some way. 

Honestly, I couldn't stand the prick. He was so egocentric to the majority of Europe that it was a serious issue. 

I had no doubt that I wasn't alone in my opinion. 

I looked over to the other person up there, UN. I didn't really mind him, though I couldn't mind him if I really wanted to. I, being a primary member in the United Nations, meant that he needed my input on a lot of the things he did. So, we had to talk a lot over the past years ever since I took power. 

Once their argument died out, the regular talking points returned: the explosion, the attack on Mexico, and the two guys who were our main suspects. 

I could understand them all and why they were important. The first involved every country who was at the meeting, that meant that the perpetrators would have to make sure that their henchmen weren't in harms way. The next was targeted, it implied that they didn't like Mexico. So much in fact, that they were willing to cut out her tongue. Lastly, the guys could be a linking factor to where this organization might be operating from. As of late, it looked like it was operating from America. 

They were important points, but over abused ones. 

Therefore, the more they were discussed, the less attention we paid to them. 

I've tried to not fall into the same category as many of the others in the room with me, but that was nearly impossible when we were getting nowhere. 

Sure, we knew how the UN building explosion went off, but we didn't know why, and without that, we couldn't make a final verdict. Mexico wasn't much help in identifying her assailant, so we were at a loss there. Honestly, the most useful information was from the guys, because now we knew the general location of where there could be links. Sadly, their headquarters remained a mystery. 

They droned on for a long while, before they announced that it was time to take today's lunch break.

I turned my sights on America, who looked relived at the news. His eyes landed on mine, but they quickly skidded away to his notes on his lap. 

I was about to ask him if he was ready to head out, but I was interrupted by a harsher knock to my shoulder. I looked over past America to where the tap was coming from. 

"俄罗斯,您介意您和我一起吃午饭吗?" (Russia, would you mind if you and I had lunch together?) China asked to me. 

I was shocked at first, this was a bit sudden and out of character. I shrugged it off, he probably forgot to ask me before the meeting started. 

Last week, I would have said no, because he was acting weird. Although that feeling hasn't eroded away completely, he had rained it in. So, by now, he was mostly normal.