forty-seven

"I think this baby had a plan all along," I told Wyatt as I stared at our perfect baby boy in his arms. It was close to three am and we had basically just been staring at our baby for the past hour.

"Why is that?" He asked me, adjusting his arm underneath Noah's head.

"First, he is the reason we're still dating, which I am very grateful for," I started, giving Wyatt a smile, which he returned, "and second, today just happens to be that day where everybody celebrates their fathers," I told him. He gave me a puzzled look when I said the second part of my reasoning, I expected nothing less since he was very sleep deprived.

"Little Noah here was born today, which is Father's day," I explained, brushing my fingers through his messy hair to try and tame it a little bit.

"Really?" Wyatt asked, a smile creeping onto his face.

"Yes," I laughed, "Happy Father's Day, Wyatt," I smiled before leaning over the edge of the bed to giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Not long after, there was a knock on our door and Wyatt gave Noah back to me before getting up to answer it.

"Is there a baby in here?" Grayson asked as he stepped into our hospital room after being let in by Wyatt.

"Yes there is," I whispered, glancing down at the swaddled baby that was asleep in my arms.

"I'll trade you this for your baby," Grayson smiled as he held out a take-out bag.

"I'm so hungry, you have no idea," I sighed, passing the baby off to Wyatt again before grabbing the bag of food from Grayson.

Wyatt made Grayson sit down in a chair before he gently set Noah in his arms. Wyatt came and laid down next to me in my hospital bed and grabbed his burger out of the bag as we watched Grayson with our baby.

"Hey little guy, it's your Uncle Grayson here," He whispered to our sleeping baby, "I'm your only uncle, which technically makes me the coolest."

Wyatt chuckled at that as he ate a fry. "What?" Gray asked, "I am most definitely going to be a cool uncle."

"What if one of my sister's husband's end up being cooler?" Wyatt teased.

"Not possible, blood is stronger," Grayson huffed. Noah stirred in his arms and it scared him into silence.

"He's okay, Gray, just getting comfy." I assured him.

"I expected him to be smaller," Grayson said as he looked at his nephew. Noah was definitely on the bigger side of babies, I was sure he was going to take after his father. Noah was born weighing eight pounds one ounce and measuring twenty-two inches. If the first born was supposed to be the smallest, I was scared for mine a Wyatt's next kid.

"You saw the size of my stomach right?" I laughed as I launched my empty burger wrapper into the trash can and successfully made it in.

"Yeah, but I didn't know how much of that was baby, I didn't study up on pregnancy and babies like you two did," Gray defended himself.

"I know Gray, I'm just teasing," I told him. Noah started to fuss around in Grayson's arms and he quickly got up and brought him over to me. I took my baby in my arms and unswaddled him, so I could lay him on my chest. I rubbed his back gently and his fussy noises turned into baby goo's and soon enough he was fast asleep on my chest.

"Woah Ken, how did you know how to do that?" Grayson asked.

"I honestly don't know, I think it was my mom instincts just kicking in," I shrugged, glancing down at the sleeping baby on my chest.

"You should go home and get some rest, it's really late," I told my brother.

"How long are you going to be here?" Grayson asked.

"The doctors said we'll probably be released tomorrow, well I guess today, in the late afternoon, early evening, if all of Noah's tests come back okay," Wyatt informed him, brushing his hand across Noah's head of dark hair.

"Okay, I guess I'll head home now, Mom is probably wondering why I'm still here too, she didn't know I went to get you guys food."

"Bye Gray, thank you so much for the food!" I thank my brother as he exited the room.

"Anytime Ken you just had a baby, it's the least I could do," He told us before shutting the door.

Then it was just Wyatt, Noah, and I. I snuggled closer into Wyatt and leaned my head against his shoulder, my hands rested on Noah as Wyatt wrapped one arm behind my back and the other on top of my hand that laid on Noah's back.

"We made this," I whispered.

"We did," Wyatt responded, staying quiet, so he wouldn't wake our baby.

"I love you so much Wyatt, I don't know what I would do without you," I confessed as I glanced up at my boyfriend.

"Kennedy, you and Noah are my everything, I love you both with my whole heart," He smiled, kissing the top of my head.

"I can't wait for the rest of our lives together," I told him.

"I can't wait to have more babies with you," He chuckled in response.

I giggled at his comment, "Maybe not for a couple more years, but someday."

We were both silent for a moment as we watched our baby sleeping peacefully. He was so full of innocence, something I wished I could still have sometimes. He may have only been a few hours old, but he had already captured my heart and was holding onto it tight with his tiny fingers.

"You know, out of all the clichés, I never thought the one that would come true was me falling in love with my brothers best friend and then having a baby with him," I confessed, a smile spreading across my face.

"I never thought I would fall in love with my best friends sister, but look where we are," Wyatt chuckled.

"Can you make me a promise?" I asked Wyatt.

"What is it?" He inquired.

"Can you promise to love me no matter how much chaos is going on in our lives?" I asked.

"Kennedy Harden, I will love no matter what," He started, "Through thick and thin, I will always be here for you and Noah," He promised.

"Wyatt Chandler, I promise to love you forever," I smiled before looking down at Noah, "Same goes for you little man, I promise to love you always," I whispered, giving his head a gentle kiss.

"I love you so much," Wyatt whispered, capturing my lips with his.

"I love you more," I smiled back.

Our little family was perfect and I knew in that moment I wouldn't change anything that had happened before that moment because all of those moments lead me to the ones I wanted to cherish forever.

-----

So yeah... this is the last official chapter of MBBFB, but don't be sad yet! There is still an epilogue chapter coming and I also have so exciting news to share with all of you! The new is:

MBBFB IS GETTING A SEQUEL!!!

Yes, you heard me right, there is going to be a sequel to My Brother's Best Friend's Baby and it is title Senior Year! You can find it in my stories right now and a Meet the Characters Chapter will be released the same day that the epilogue for this story comes out!! I hope all of you are just as excited as I am because of course there will be familiar faces, but there are also going to be some new faces and of course lots of Baby Noah!! Senior Year is going to follow Kennedy and Wyatt through their senior year of high school as parents and the challenges that go along with it, along with some other things that happen to pop up along the way. Anyways, that is all I'm going to tell you for now, stay on the lookout for the epilogue and don't forget to add Senior Year to your library, so you don't miss any updates!!

xx - Sidney