𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎. ( this december )

AN ODE TO VICES — EPILOGUE TWO

THIS DECEMBER

December 25th, 2020

IT WAS CHRISTMAS AFTERNOON, and Rory was both happy — they were on the train with Tubbo and Niki, he and Will were, heading up to surprise Tommy for Christmas (how they'd gotten Tubbo's parents to agree to this, Rory will never know) — and miserable. He kept glancing at his phone, wishing for the time to go faster — for Techno, it was still early in the morning, too early to be awake.

He still wanted to call Techno, though. He wanted to wish Techno a happy Christmas not through text. Honestly, he would have preferred to see Techno in person, but it was much too soon from what they agreed on — once a month. In January, Rory would fly out to California, and in February, Techno would go to Brighton, all so that it lined up with each one going to see the other on his birthday.

Rory suck down in his seat, wishing he'd brought a book.

Will was asleep against the window, having had to get up early to drive himself and Rory to their parents' house for a few hours, before they had to leave to pick up Niki and Tubbo for the train. Niki had thrown her jacket over him, and then Tubbo had fallen asleep against Will, so Rory had put his jacket around Tubbo. That was an hour ago — these boys sure could sleep through anything.

Niki sighed, reaching over and putting her hand on his wrist, lowering his phone. "Stop waiting for him to wake up," she scolded. Rory sighed loudly, putting his phone down. "You're gonna make it run out of battery. He'll call you soon," she assured him.

Rory nodded, leaning his head back against the window. "I just miss him," he muttered.

"Didn't you two literally facetime last night?" she teased.

Rory smiled. "Yeah, but, you know. I still . . . miss him."

"Simp," Will muttered, grinning with his eyes closed. Rory rolled his eyes.

"Shut up, go back to sleep," he said. Will sighed, opening his eyes and shifting, only to freeze in place when he realized Tubbo was asleep against him. He awkwardly shuffled to get comfortable without waking the sleeping teenager.

"Are we there yet?" he complained.

"Will," Niki scolded. Will smiled tiredly.

The ride continued for another hour. Will fell back back asleep while Niki put her head in Rory's lap as Rory scrolled through Twitter. When the train began coming to a stop, Rory gentle woke everyone up — part of him was tempted to throw something at Will to wake him up, but he didn't want to accidently startle Tubbo, so he refrained.

"Tommy doesn't live that far from the station, right? So we can walk?" Niki mused.

Tubbo groaned dramatically. "But why would we walk?" he whined.

Will chuckled. "Because he only lives about two blocks from here, you child, come on." Tubbo sighed, looking at Rory with a pleading expression. Rory reached out to ruffle his hair, dropping an arm around Tubbo's shoulder and leading him away from the station and in the direction of Tommy's house.