Chapter Twenty Two-That man is mine

"Gulf..."

"Hmm" He was already on the verge of sleep when that man called out his name.

"Gulf....."

The urgency in that voice finally made his head turn towards the man he loves. But he had to admit, right now he only wanted to sleep.

"Mew..it's middle of the night what.." He stopped talking when his eyes landed on the man sitting on the bed. He immediately got up from lying. Something was bothering this man. He can tell.

"What's wrong?" All of the sleep suddenly gone from his eyes.

Mew looked at him with pursed lips. Those brown eyes shining with hurt and anger. "You forgot me."

"Huh!" Now he was really confused. "Who forgot who again?"

That brown eyed man looked at him with anger then turned his back on him. "You. You forgot me. And then you left me."

Now he was really feeling lost. He would've laughed at him but the anger on that face prevented him from doing so. He sighed in frustration then slowly went closer to the brunette wrapping his arms around his waist.

"What happened?" He slowly kissed his neck while lying his head on that man's back.

He can hear the other man sigh as he finally turned towards him with unshed tears in his eyes. "I had a nightmare and you....you left me." A tear escaped his eyes. "And you said you don't love me anymore."

Now he finally understood what was wrong as a smile appeared on his lips. He slowly wipes the single tear that fell down from those eyes he loves so much. "You know that's not possible. I can never leave you. I love you."

He can finally sense the tension leaving the other's body as that man suddenly hugged him. "Even when we fight?"

"Yes." He slowly patted his back. " Even then."

"Even when we are old."

He smiled at the childishness of the man. "Even then."

"Even when I'm very old and have dementia or something and suddenly forget you?"

His brows furrowed in confusion as he pulled him back a little from his body trying to look at his face. "What do you mean?"

Those brown eyes looked at his eyes with sadness and fears. Fears that were engulfing him too now. "What happens if one day I can't remember you? Will you leave me then?"

"Mew..." He wanted to shut down all his fears but his mind was in jeopardy. Will he?

"Will you?"

That question really put him off guard. He never thinks like that. For him loving and staying with this man was like second nature. He can't leave him. But what if...

"You can't." The fear in the other man's voice made him look at him again. "You can't leave me even then. Even if I forget you, you're not allowed to leave me."

He slowly caressed the other man's cheek. "But your mind won't even remember me. You won't even notice me gone then." And it was one of his biggest fears. That one day these brown eyes won't look at him with love anymore.

"But my heart will." That man took his hand placing it on top of his heart. "My heart can never forget you. Even if my mind does. And..."

He can see him gulping not trying to cry again. "And if you leave me one day, this thing...slowly but surely, this thing that beat inside me will stop."