I Can't Forgive You

Harry POV

It took me a bit longer than usual to get to Evie's castle, I was probably sulking in self-pity and cowardice again. Another moment slipped right through my fingers like nothing. But I get it now, maybe I don't have to do this grand gesture in front of tons of people, I don't think Brielle would like that either. Maybe just... do something sweet for the proposal? She's always enjoyed that, so that must be a step forward.

Anyway, when I did get to Evie's place I saw Audrey of all people with the scepter confronting Mal, ranting about something or another. No matter what I hid because Malsy can deal with it herself, whatever she has coming to her she shall receive because I'm pissed with her. Anyway, while I was hiding I heard things about revenge and all that classic villain blah blah blah she hates Mal because she stole Ben blah blah blah, but what caught my interest was the thing she said about a crown. She said she just wanted "the crown", like what does that mean? Villains sure are bad at describing things they want aren't they?

After the altercation and Audrey disappeared after turning Mal into an old woman I first, snapped a picture of her because why wouldn't I? Then me and the rest of the VKs chatted about a plan, I got to say hi to the twins, and then just like that Evie threw us more action-ready clothes and we were off. Well, almost. Somewhere in between getting a plan together and getting dressed I went ahead and called Brielle and updated her on that, I felt so bad hearing her get all anxious about me going back to the Isle and such. It was sweet to hear her concern but I don't want her to be worried about me.

Now we were speeding off on motorbikes, recently I had given Evie one of my jackets to mend so I was actually dressed like pirate me since she had mended it and gave it to me as part of my look. Besides that, I just threw on basic pirate gear and grabbed a sword, not my sword which I'm bitter about but a sword, and called it good (imagine his outfit from D3 but the vest thingy having full sleeves cause I personally love his arms but why? Sleeveless just looks a little unfinished sometimes)

We rolled up onto a high cliff facing the Isle, temporarily stopping our motorbikes. While old woman Malsy got her life together I took out my phone to make sure there were no messages from Brielle before we went into the dead zone which is the Isle. There was one message from thirty minutes ago,

my darling < 3: I love you, please be safe and come home as soon as you can. I don't want to be alone for long.

That's a little odd, no not the cute little lovely first sentence that made me smile like an idiot, the second sentence. Her office is her sanctuary, she's staying put in her safe space and has been alone in there plenty of times. She's definitely on edge, maybe that's it.

Yeah... keep telling yerself that Harry, that will totally make the feeling of slight doom ya got from reading that go away some.

That last sentence really got to me some, so I simply decided to respond to make sure she would respond. I went ahead and sent her a simple heart, knowing that she'll send one back as soon as she gets it because that's how we do that.

Before I could see if she'd reply Malsy had gotten her life together and spelled our motorbikes to make them able to tread on water and through the barrier. I put my phone safely away and revved the engine to get it going before we all propelled off the cliff.

It was wildly invigorating, ya know jumping a motorbike right off of a cliff into the ocean and not actually falling into the ocean and all. Once we were on the water's surface I, of course, had to do something to get under someone's skin. This person, well can ya guess? It's gonna be Malsy of course duh, her idea made my lassie cry this morning she's lucky I'm not raining hell on her every second. The only reason I haven't exposed her to everyone is that the conversation from this morning was indeed considered confidential and I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out nicely rather than forceful.