41. As if....

Jungkook walked towards Taehyung's room with his father right beside him. He didn't know what to talk about, so he just walked silently, internally cursing Jimin for restricting him from peaking at Taehyung before the marriage. He was dying to know what Taehyung looked like in a white suit. 

He knocked loudly on the door and prepared himself to steal a peak. But Jimin, who was cleverer than him, opened the door only a couple of centimeters and peeked at him before slamming the door loudly. 

Jungkook could hear Jimin yelling at Taehyung to move from wherever he was sitting. Jungkook sighed loudly. 'There goes my chance' he thought, hoping the next half an hour would run faster. 

Jimin opened the door wide enough for him to squeeze out and shut the door immediately. "You clever fox! I told you, you can't look at Taehyung before the marriage!" Jimin exclaimed, smacking Jungkook's head without spoiling his hair. 

"Why are you being soo mean?!?! I am gonna marry him anyway. I am gonna see him in half an hour, anyway" Jungkook whined. "Exactly. You are gonna see him in half an hour, anyway. Don't die now. Also, why the fuck aren't you ready yet? Where is your suit?!" Jimin asked. 

"Namjoon hyung spilled coffee on it. The new suit is on the way" Jungkook said. "Ohh, shit! Is that why Seokjin hyung and Namjoon hyung are fighting right now?" Jimin asked. "They are fighting?!" Jungkook exclaimed. 

"Not exactly fighting, but more like....Jin hyung isn't talking to Joon hyung no matter how much he begs. I saw the two of them outside the hall a couple of minutes ago" Jimin said "Ohh" Jungkook looked down and pouted unconsciously. 

"What do you want, by the way?" Jimin finally asked, reminding Jungkook of the person standing behind him insecurely. "Umm...." Jungkook said, turning back to look at his father before turning forward to face Jimin. 

Jimin, who somehow hadn't noticed the other man standing behind Jungkook until then, bowed to the other man immediately and smiled widely at him before turning to look at Jungkook for introduction. 

"This is...uhm" Jungkook cleared his throat, unable to form the required sentence. Jimin waited patiently. A small part of him already guessed who the man was, but he didn't want to jump into conclusions. 

"....your father, Jimin-ah" Hyungsik appeared out of thin air and completed the sentence for Jungkook, making all three of them flinch hard. 

"Harabeoji!!" Jungkook exclaimed, glaring at his grandfather for scaring him. 

"What?! It's not my fault that you are a scaredy cat!" Hyungsik shrugged. "Bu-" "Jungkook!! Hurry!! Your suit is here!!" Seokjin yelled as he ran towards Jungkook with a suit in his hand. 

Jungkook looked at Jimin, who was staring at his father with huge eyes that portrayed emotions of betrayal and disappointment. He looked at his grandfather. "It's okay, go. Your Halme is waiting for you in your room. I'll take care of everything here" Hyungsik assured Jungkook. 

"See you, umm...dad" Jungkook choked out the word 'dad', not being used to calling anyone 'dad'. As it had been years since someone called him 'dad', Junghyun flinched the second Jungkook called him 'dad' and smiled at him with tears in his eyes. "See you, son" he whispered and patted Jungkook's back before turning back to Jimin, who was no where to be seen. 

Even though Jimin had guessed that the other person was his father based on his looks, it was still a blow for him. He couldn't believe that the man had the audacity to turn up at his younger son's wedding as if nothing had ever happened. 

As if he didn't do something soo bad that his mother had to divorce him and fight for child custody. As if he didn't abandon the kid he got over child custody. Why did he fight for a child if he was going to abandon him anyway? Why separate him from mother's love if he wasn't even going to give him a father's love?