chapter nine

"You're still our daughter, stop crying." Rashidha ran a hand through her daughter's head as she cried along with her. Mawra hugged her mother and cried emotionally.

Ibrahim and his mother came to the women's side of the hall to take Mawra to the main stage and get done with the photos and stuff, but as soon as he came close to his wife, she ended up crying, panicking everyone for a second. Salika gave him a nod, telling him it was nothing.

"I don't want to leave you all, ammi." Mawra weeps softly as fresh tears continued to roll down her cheeks, "Mawra..." Rashidha kissed her daughter's forehead and eyed her husband helplessly, who was trying his best not to cry. Akram has never cried in front of his kids. They all considered him as their superhero and if he too cried, who will console them? He was staying strong for the sake of his kids. But seeing his little girl as a bride, as someone else's wife is a bittersweet feeling.

Time flies pretty fast indeed.

On the other hand, Mahira was an entirely different case, for seventeen years old she was too mature and childish at the same time; a combined trait of both her parents, "Stop crying too much, Mawra. You're going to look horrible in the wedding pictures, we don't want that. Do we?"

Everyone laughed in between their cries, Mawra just glared at her while giving her an annoyed look, "I won't miss you at all." Her tears stopped at once.

"You wish." Mahira shoved her playfully, making her sister wince. Soon enough the atmosphere turned from emotional to light-hearted and even Mawra smiled a little at the end. Mahira smiled back at her affectionately.

"Where is Ahil?" Mawra asked, as her eyes searched for her favourite brother. He was her only brother. And hence the favourite. Mahira pouted at that, "of course you'd ask for him." She was slightly jealous of her brother and sister's close relationship, which she could never create with either of them.

"Beta, the guests are waiting. We should end up the photo session fast and eat our lunch. Its twelve already." Her father reminded them, and she nodded her head with a sad smile. Suddenly a hand came in front of her, she looked up to see her now-husband standing in front of her, giving her his hands.

Shyly, she held onto it and got up from her seat, Ibrahim guided her to the main stage and the guests were looking at the new couple in awe.

"You look beautiful, Mrs Ibrahim." he slowly whispered in her ears as they stood on the stage, for taking photos with the family.

"You look handsome too." Mawra blurted out in a daze and widened her eyes in surprise, as heat raised on her cheeks and she averted her gaze from his surprised ones. Where did that confidence come from? She had no idea.

"You think so?" Ibrahim teased, as the photographer instructed them to stand for a pose. They did as they're told whilst gazing at each other. His eyes held a glint of mischievousness while hers held shyness.

"Bhai, stop flirting and concentrate on the pictures." came the teasing voice of Ameen, as he joined them on stage and signalled the photographer for a picture. Mawra's cheeks flushed at that remark and she turned her gaze to the camera now.

"He's irrelevant, ignore him," Ibrahim muttered loud enough for Ameen to hear, making her smile at their bonding. One could see the love these two brothers held for each other. It was one of the main reasons why Mawra agreed to marry him in the first place; hoping that he'd give at least some of that care and affection to her. She could only hope that her decision doesn't backfire someday.

"I heard you." Ameen whined as they smiled for the photo, "good." Ibrahim replied with a chuckle.

This was his whole new side which Mawra was witnessing. The fun side. He looked more handsome when he is smiling and being playful. Another blush formed on her face at that thought.