chapter 34

Ariel had her arms wrapped tightly around Grey. Gratitude flowed through her. She knew she needed to inform her family that Grey had woken up but she didn't want to leave her soulmate even if it was for a few minutes. 

She immediately contacted her father through the Angel's Whisper and told him Grey was awake. It didn't take a minute before the door to their bedroom opened and their entire family rushed inside. 

Anna was the only one who stood by the doorway. She had tears jogging from her eyes at the sight of her son being fully awake.

"My child," she whispered. 

Her feet felt heavy as she moved closer to her son. Happiness trembled inside her. She pulled her son into a tight hug. She was bursting with joy. Sunshine flooded her soul. She savoured the feeling of contentment at being able to hold her son. 

She pulled away from the hug and kissed him on his forehead. "I'm so happy you are awake. I thought I would lose you too."

Her eyes found Michael. He was staring at them with a smile on his face. Raguel was telling Anna what Michael did before Ariel contacted her father.

"Thank you," she mouthed. 

Michael nodded his head and acknowledged her words with a smile on his lips. 

Grey wiped the tears from his mother's eyes with a bright smile on his face. "You look horrible, Mom. Go take a bath and I will join you in the living room." 

Anna nodded her head. She kissed her son before she left the room. The entire family left the room but not before each of them hugged Grey. When the door was finally closed, Ariel stood up and led Grey to the bathroom. They both stripped down their clothes. Grey pulled her close as he turned on the shower. The water poured down their bodies. Their hearts throbbed with happiness. Contentment warmed their soul. They both felt fully and wonderfully alive.

They both left the bathroom when they were done bathing. They put on their clothes and headed downstairs. Ariel saw Anna already seated in the living room. Even though she wanted to spend time with her soulmate, she knew Anna needed her son. 

"Go to your mother," she said calmly.

Grey nodded his head and walked up to his mother. He rested his head on his mother's shoulder. Anna immediately wrapped her arms around her son. Both mother and son enjoyed the comfort and warmth from each other. 

Ariel smiled gently at them before she walked up to her parents who opened their arms for her. She sat in-between them and both her parents planted a kiss on her cheek. 

After an hour, Elena stood up and went to the kitchen to prepare food. Ariel had offered to help but she declined her offer. Ariel glanced at where her uncle was seated. She noticed something off about him. He had his eyes closed and had a deep frown on his face. It seemed as if he was trying hard to concentrate on something. She wondered what he was thinking about. Ariel watched her Uncle stand up immediately and head for the front door. She stood up too and walked up to him before he left the house. 

"What's up?" Michael asked with a smile.

"Are you going out?" 

"Yes. Do you need anything?" 

"No. I didn't get time to find out what happened to you earlier on. I was so concerned about my soulmate that I forgot to ask. I'm hoping you would tell me now." 

"I was attacked by demons," Michael lied. He didn't want Ariel to know the real reason why he was injured. He knew if he told her he got injured because he went to Heaven to plead on Grey's behalf, she wouldn't take it lightly. She would feel guilty about everything that happened to him. He had already told Raguel not to mention anything to her. 

"You should have contacted Dad to help you out," Ariel reprimanded.

Michael laughed. "I feel like a child right now. I really have to go. I have a job to do.”

"A job?" 

"I was assigned to be a Guardian Angel by Heaven," Michael explained. 

"Why?" 

"I really have to go now, Ariel. I will tell you when I get back."  

Ariel nodded her head and watched her Uncle hurry out of the house. She sighed softly and walked back to the couch. She closed her eyes for a second before she felt the presence of her soulmate. She opened her eyes with a smile. 

"Hey." She leaned down and kissed him. "Where is your mother?" She scanned the living room for Anna but she was nowhere to be seen. 

"She is helping your mother out in the kitchen."  

Ariel nodded her head and rested her head on Grey's shoulder. Grey immediately wrapped his arms around her. They both sat in silence for a while. 

"You look skinny, Ariel. Did you eat anything when I was unconscious?" 

"No." 

"Why?" Grey raised Ariel's head and stared at her. 

"It was of no use then. I was going to die had you not regained consciousness." 

"What are you talking about?"

Ariel explained everything that happened. Grey's mouth hung open. He could not believe so much had happened. He felt guilty for putting their families through all that sadness. He regretted killing Angels. He wished he had never listened to his Uncle. 

"It's not your fault." 

Ariel's voice pulled Grey out of his thoughts. He looked up at his soulmate with sadness. 

"But..." 

"No but, Grey. All that matters is that you are alright." 

Grey nodded his head and Ariel wrapped her arms around him.

"Ariel," Elena called out. "Food is..." 

Elena's words were cut off. The entire family sensed the presence of Angels but they were no ordinary angels. Standing in the living room in front of them were the superior Angels.

 Standing in the living room in front of them were the superior Angels