chapter 35

The entire family stood up and glanced at each other. They were all looking tense all of a sudden.

Ariel held the hands of her soulmate tightly. 'What if they have changed their minds about Grey?' she thought to herself.

Her heart rate sped up at the thought of Grey dying. She felt Grey squeeze her hands tightly. She looked up at Grey and saw him watching her.

"Everything will be fine," Grey said through their mind link.

Ariel silently hoped that would be the case. She didn't want to lose Grey. Even though she knew she wouldn't be alive if Grey died, the thought of their family in sorrows because of their deaths did not settle well with her. She glanced at her mother and saw how tightly she held onto her father. She looked at Anna and saw how hard she held onto a chair to keep herself standing properly.

She sighed and averted her eyes when her father spoke.

"You are welcome," Raguel said.

The angels nodded their heads in acknowledgment of Raguel's words. Their eyes settled briefly on Ariel and Grey's enjoined hands for a second before one of them spoke.

"We have a message for all of you," the superior Angel said, glancing at everybody in the living room.

Ariel wondered what the message was about. She wondered why the superior angels were the ones giving her family the message instead of the messenger angels.

"We want..." the superior angel's words were cut off when the front door opened. The entire family glanced to the door and saw Michael standing awkwardly at the doorway.

Michael looked at the entire family. He could feel the tension emitting from everyone. His eyes met the superior Angels for a brief second before he quickly glanced away.

'Are they here because of me?' he asked himself.

He shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

"Join us, Michael," one of the superior angels said.

Michael nodded his head and shut the front door. He refused to make eye contact with anyone, especially with Raguel. He wrapped his arms around himself. He felt eyes on him and, without a doubt, he knew it was Raguel looking at him.

'Are they here to tell everyone what I did?' he thought.

He had the urge to shut his eyes and wait for the worst to happen. He could barely hold himself together. He had to hold on to a chair to keep himself from losing his balance.

"We are here to officially thank you all for what you did for Heaven. You all saved the Angel's race. We are grateful," the superior angel's eyes shifted to everyone in the living room before it settled on Grey and Ariel with a smile on his face.

A wave of relief washed over them and they could finally breathe. Ariel glanced at her soulmate and smiled softly at him.

"Heaven is pleased with your family," the superior Angel continued and glanced at everyone. "Angels are now free to roam around without fear of being captured or killed. You all have brought smiles to Heaven. We appreciate what you all did. You all ended the cruelty of the demons against the Angel's race." The superior angel paused for a moment and gave them a huge smile. "Thank you."

The entire family nodded their heads with a smile on their faces. The tension that was present in their bodies ebbed away.

"We are glad we were able to help," Raguel said.

The superior angels flashed their wings. "We will take your leave now. Continue to live in peace and love." With that final statement, the angels soared back to Heaven.

Michael immediately released a huge breath. He needed fresh air. He did not waste another second, so he walked out of the house. The cool breeze hit him and he sighed in contentment. He was really glad the superior Angels did not come to earth because of him.

The wrongs he had committed played in his mind. The punishment Heaven gave him was very vivid in his mind. It felt as if he could see everything playing in front of him. Tears fell freely from his face. He could not believe he had lost one thing every Angel desired to have.

"I deserve everything I'm getting," he whispered painfully with more tears streaming down his face.

He heard the front door open. He quickly brought his hands to his face. He wiped every evidence of tears from his eyes before he turned to see Raguel watching him.

"Are you alright?" Raguel asked.

"I'm fine," Michael said as he forced a smile on his lips.

Raguel gave him a skeptical look before he shook his head. "You are not fine, Michael. What's going on? Did something happen between you and the superior Angels in the past?"

Raguel didn't miss the way Michael's entire body stiffened at the mention of the superior Angels. He wondered what transpired between them. A sigh escaped his lips as he looked at Michael, who had his eyes fixed hard to the ground. Raguel knew better than to persuade Michael any further. He knew if he continued to persuade Michael, he was going to shut him out and he didn't want that to happen.

"Come on, let's go inside," Raguel said as he led the way to the house.

They joined their family at the dining table. Ariel smiled at her father when he sat down. The entire family started eating their meal. Ariel watched her family interact with each other with a smile on their faces. She was very delighted to see her family happy again. She held Grey's hand underneath the table as she continued to eat her food.

When they were done eating, Ariel and Grey went to their bedroom. Ariel had her head rested on Grey's chest as they laid on their bed. She was feeling very happy that everything had gone back to normal.

"I love you," she whispered.

Grey responded by capturing her lips with his. He kissed her with pure passion. He trailed light kisses on her neck sending shivers through her body. Grey pecked her lips and was about to get up when Ariel reached up and pulled him down to her. He kissed her gently and carefully but it wasn't gentleness Ariel wanted. Her hands roamed freely underneath Grey's shirt. He groaned softly and pressed their bodies hard against each other. They soon slowed down the kiss. They breathed heavily against each other.

"Mine," Ariel whispered.

"Yours, always," Grey breathed.

The END.

We have finally come to the end of this book. I really appreciate all your comments and votes. Thank you very much. I hope you enjoyed this book.