Chapter Six: Honesty

Stuck in her daydream
Been this was since 18

Lola's Pov

Everyone's eyes were flipping between the paper and the scars that are still on show.

"What did they do to you?" Daniel, my brother, asked.

Abused me. I wrote with a shrug.

"We need more then that Lola!" Daniel growls.

You know how dad was. I shrug. Daniel gives me a look that says 'you know what I mean' and I start writing, my hands become clammy.

- 2 years ago -
I take a short cut home through an ally way. I don't want another punishment from Peter. He used to be so loving and kind but now... He's changed.

I met Peter when I first ran away. We've been together since I was 14 and I'm now 16. Peter is 20. Peter gave me somewhere to live after I ran away and looked after me. After a couple of months he asked me to be his girlfriend and I happily agreed, he became abusive shortly after but since I was still enrolled in school it became my only escape. Once again.

I soon arrive home only to be met by an angry Peter.

"Where were you?" His voice booms, making me flinch back.

"I was working on a school project with a friend." I whimper.

"Lying slut." he growls, wrapping his hand around my throat. He throws numerous punches at me that I don't even try to move away from. 'I deserve this pain' I tell myself. Once again feeling weak and alone.
He keeps throwing punches and kicks at me, dropping me onto the floor until once again I'm left in a pool of my own blood. Only this time I'm not sure if I'm going to wake up when the black spot cloud my vision.

****

I wake up later feeling cold. I find myself in a dark ally, I look around hoping for someone to save me but soon give up. Nobody will save me. I should just lay here and let myself die.

"Hey miss, are you okay?" A man's voice spoke.

-present time -

That's how I met James I wrote. Everyone looks shocked.

"You were going to let yourself die?" a famale that I vaguely recognise as Stephanie. I just nod.

Now do you understand why I don't need you anymore Daniel? I wrote, looking up to meet my brothers eyes, not caring for the others in the room.

"Lola..." I just shake my head.

We have school tomorrow I'm going home I wrote.

"No it's late, why don't you stay in the guest room?" Austin suggests, feeling too drained to argue I just nod and follow him upstairs to the guest bedroom. "There's a bathroom through there, and I'll get one if the girls to bring in some clothes for you to sleep in." I smile at him in gratitude, he looks suprised before smiling back.

I take a deep breath and walk into the bathroom. I run my fingers through my hair, already hating how I look. I look tired, there's a small bruise under my eye from the fight that I just brush of. I sigh and walk back out of the bathroom.