Track 50. | My Girl

💿

"I've got sunshine
On a cloudy day
When it's cold outside
I've got the month of May
I guess you'd say
"What can make me feel this way?"
My girl, my girl, my girl
Talkin' 'bout my girl
My girl"

Song: My Girl - The Temptations

* * *

Bowie.

"Sit still! You keep moving!" Harry scolds me with a glare as I laugh at him laying back on the sofa. He carefully paints my toe nails with purple nail polish, the tip of his tongue sticking out as he concentrates.

Tony has put me in Harry into "witness protection" in a small neighbourhood in Florida. It's just me Harry and Elton tucked away in a small house, it's very weird not having everyone around, but it's nice to just live in our own little heaven for a few weeks.

He huffs as he scrapes a bit of polish off the skin around my nail. "Why are your toes so fucking small!" He says frustrated painting the nail on my pinky toe.

"At least I don't have Sasquatch feet" I say sticking out my tongue as he looks up at me under his eyebrows chewing his gum with a small chuckle and a shake of his head.

Harry's been helping me out painting my nails since I can't really move my left arm to do it myself, he says he wants to help, I know he's just trying to practice painting his own.

I woke up in the middle of the night a few days ago to see him sat at the desk in our bedroom painting his nails under the light of the tv screen.

"What do you think of having dinner outside tonight? I'll cook and we can open a bottle of wine" Harry mumbles as he blows gently on my wet toe nails.

"Sounds romantic smirky" I say with a cheesy smile as he looks up at me with his show stopping dimpled smile.

"Think we both earned it after all the shit we went through angel baby" he says resting my two feet on his lap as he leans back in the sofa relaxing after his hour of frustration painting my nails.

"What are you cooking me then lover boy?" I ask blowing on my hands to dry my finger nails which he also painted.

"It's a surprise, but I need you to dress up nicely" he says patting my foot as I look at him under my brows.

"Are you saying I don't look nice now?" I say offended gesturing to my sweatpants and tank top.

He chuckles and shakes his head slapping a hand over his face "you always look nice baby, you're beautiful" he says pouting his lips.

"Kissy?" He asks as I look at him with my head laid on the arm of the sofa as he sits on the other end facing me.

I roll my eyes and sit up groaning at the sting in my shoulder, it's been two weeks since I was shot and it still hurts like a bitch.

I grab his face with my two hands cupping either side of his face that is now covered in scruff from not shaving. I place my lips on his as he smiles into the kiss happily.

"I can't kiss you if you keep smirking, smirky" I say with our noses touching as he laughs lightly mumbling an apology before I join our lips back together again sighing at the feeling of his lips on mine, I'll never get the feeling of it out of my head.