Chapter Nineteen - H.E.A.V.E.N.

West Prom 2020 was perhaps the best experience of my entire life. The night started with photos, continued with drinks and dancing, and concluded with touching and kissing and petting in the front seat of the baby blue Ferrari. My red lipstick marked Eli's neck, but I got the feeling neither of us cared.

"Fuck Aves, you keep that up and we won't even make it back to the hotel..." Hotel?!

"I don't care. I just want you." I sounded unbearably needy in that moment, my body aching for him, with my breath physically coming out in gasps. I pulled at his tie again and his right hand moved from the shifter to stop me.

"We're almost there, baby." He promised and my skin burned impossibly hotter by the new nickname. I no longer felt afraid for intimacy, to have my first time, but instead I felt desperate for it. To have Eli inside of me, claiming me as his.

He turned sharply, taking a side entrance to what I can only describe as a high rise in downtown L.A. The building was sleek and made entirely of glass, looking nothing like any hotel I'd ever seen.

"It's technically a penthouse...not a hotel." Eli explained nonchalantly. "One I'm considering buying." Buying a penthouse? How much money did that damn television show pay? Maybe I should've challenged for more money for my small role, which payed basically nothing.

Eli pulled the Ferrari into an underground parking structure and slammed into the closest possible space, parking somewhat crooked, but I barely noticed before his mouth was back on mine. Kissing me, teasing me, our tongues fighting for dominance. Neither of us winning, because we both were.

"Come on. The elevator is private." Eli stepped out of the car quickly, but not before I saw the large protrusion in his tuxedo pants. Good. I thought, shifting against my own uncomfortable pooling in my black lace panties. I was glad to know that the desire I was feeling wasn't one sided and Elijah West was just as anxious to make it up to his trial penthouse as I was.

We stepped onto the elevator, which was oddly playing violin music and he beamed at my reaction. "I told you you deserved violins and fireworks red glare..." The car rose quickly and stopped with a shutter on the top floor, opening to the most gorgeous modern penthouse I'd ever seen.

White Carrera marble lined the floors, and sleek dark grey couches complimented the gold accents scattered throughout. It was precisely where I pictured a movie star to live, perfect for Elijah West, but so different than the laid back beachy environment we'd grown up in in Malibu.

"Do you like it?" He asked nervously, gaging my reaction.

"It could use some color." I ventured. "But it's pretty amazing." I walked past all the expensive staged furniture and to the all glass balcony, overlooking the City of Angels. The City of Dreams, where so few ever climbed far enough to enjoy this view. And boy, the view was spectacular.

I turned to glance at Eli, who smiled at me, without restraint, completely at ease and the way I always pictured him while he was gone. I couldn't help but admire his boyish charm and the way he could be so incredibly handsome without even knowing it. How he could make my heart feel like it would burst with just one look, and no shred of comprehension of the power he held over me.

"I can't even begin to thank you for tonight." I admitted.

"Then don't." He shook his head and pulled me back into his arms so we were both looking out toward the city, my back pressed to his chest. "Just enjoy the show..."