Chapter 34:

ALEX

"Those people are really annoying!" Monica complained while watching from a far. I decided not to move and see how the SA Squad can resolve it.

I laughed and replied "it's normal for them to act like that. If it was us, we will never surrender our weapons"

Napahinto naman sya at napaisip

"Kung sabagay, tama ka" she sighed and nodded. She might have remembered what happened last time. Only Isaac's base was brave enough to let us in with weapons intact. Isaac underestimated us and too confident about themselves. His men doesn't have skills but pure boast. Aimie and Kirsten almost wiped them out singlehandedly. I didn't even have the chance to kill anyone aside from Isaac who tried to escape.

"They don't look like push overs. They might be grateful about getting new home but there's no guarantee that they won't be greedy. They are people who survived apocalypse for a year and have the guts to go out to travel up to here. Very admirable" Maegan stated while watching intently. Monica looked at me and I nodded. I'm thinking the same thing.

The peace and order inside should be maintained and improve. These people are not like those who we saved before. They are full of blood in their hands. They are real survivors. Dylan was like them at first. He was full of contempt at those sheltered people. Sa ngayon, he's part of the Resource squad and very good at it. Although physically, he can't compare to the X squad, and Core members SA and R squads, his survival instinct is the best! He saved his group multiple times because of his cautiousness and instinct.

"May all due respect Sir, we don't allow people to use weapons inside. You don't trust us, we feel the same. We are protecting people inside" Chris frowned and determined.

I smiled in my heart and felt proud. Chris changed a lot. He and Nick was the very first few people who's brave enough to assist me. He looked taller now and his previous white skin color became healthy wheat now. He's tanned after months of training and missions. Although he and Nick are the head of SA Squad, they also go out from time to time to train.

" hmp! Anong malay namin kung anong klaseng base meron kayo. Hindi kami papayag na kunin nyo ang mga gamit namin" Sabi ng isa na sa tingin ko ay Leader nila. I almost laugh when I saw that they only have a pistol and a rifle that police in the country used. Some of them have knives, axes and baseball bats.

"We will just confiscate it for the time being. There is weapon registration process and you can take it back if you wanna go outside again. We need to maintain order inside. There's no guarantee that you won't cause trouble for us"

They stare at each other silently.

"Napakahalaga ng baril at armas namin at hinding hindi kami papayag na kunin nyo to. Aalis nalang kami!"

Chris just stare at then and nodded.

"Fine. Kung yan ang gusto nyo. We will not force people to join us. Pumunta kayo dito dahil nabasa nyo ang print outs at messages na iniwan namin, tama ba?"

"Oo" gulat pero matipid na sagot nito. Tanging ang pinuno lamang ang nagdedisisyon at nag sasalita para sa kanila. It's a sign that they trust and respect him as a leader. These eleven people are very firm.

Sumenyas si Chris sa isang myembro gamit ang code and signs na binuo at pinag aaralan namin during classroom and practical training. It's a better improved morse code.

A few minutes later, one of the members thrown out a slightly large bagpack from the top of the wall. The survivors was alerted and raised their weapons. When they saw that the squad doesnt have any bad intentions they sighed and relief.