25)

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Your astute panic suggests that you understand your situation." The imperial spoke from outside.
"I would prefer to avoid any further violence and encourage a moment of consideration. Members of my escort have completed assembly of an e-web heavy repeating blaster. If you are unfamiliar with this blaster, I am sure that republican shocktrooper Carasynthia Dune of Alderaan, will advise you that she has witnessed many of her ranks vaporised mid-descent, facing the predecessor of this particular model." We all looked at Cara, who looked a mixture of hurt and angry.
"Or perhaps, the decommissioned Mandalorian hunter, Din Djarin, has heard the songs of siege of Madalore. When gunships outfitted with similar ornaments laid waste to fields of Mandalorian recruits, in the night of a thousand tears."

"Mando..." I spoke softly, watching him tense up and step forward, before looking down at he ground.

"Or maybe, you can talk to the disgraced bounty hunter, Y/N L/N of the jungle planet, Glee Anselm. After all, the bounty hunter that killed her parents used something similar, just on a smaller scale, to tear her family apart." I clenched my jaw, looking at the ground. I didn't understand how he knew so much about us. He even knew Mando's name. Din Djarin.
"I advise disgraced magistrate, Greef Karga, to search the wisdom of his years and urge you to lay down your arms and come outside. The structure you are trapped in will be raised in short order. Your storied lives will come to an unceremonious end."

"What do you propose?" Greef called out.

"Reasonable negotiation." The imp replied, but I didn't believe it.
As soon as we stepped outside, we were dead.

"What assurances do you offer?" Greef pushed and I rolled my eyes.

"If you're asking if you can trust me, you cannot." The imp replied.
"Just as you betrayed our business arrangement, I would gladly break any promise and watch you die at my hand. The assurance I will give us this, I will act in my own self interest. Which, in this time, involves your cooperation and benefit. I will give you until nightfall and then I will have the e-web cannon open fire."

"I say we hear him out." Greef looked at us.

"The minute we open that door, we are dead." Cara shook her head and I hummed in agreement.

"We're dead if we don't and I don't think Y/N is going to live much longer without some form of an antidote." Greef sighed as him and Cara began to bicker.

"How're you holding up?" Mando sat next to me and I gave him a small smile.

"Good question. I'll let you know when I figure it out." I laughed a little.

"You never told me your parents were killed by bounty hunters." He muttered softly.

"You never told me you had an actual name." I countered.

"I'm shouting my way out of here." Cara announced and I looked at her. She was strong, but she wouldn't last 2 minutes against all those stormtroopers.

"What about you, Mando? Y/N?" Greef looked at the two of us.

"I know who he is." Mando sighed.
"It's Moff Gideon."

"No." Cara shook her head.
"Moff Gideon was executed for war crimes."

"It's him. He knew my name."

"So? What does that prove?" Greef scoffed and I glared at him slightly. There was no need to be insensitive.

"I haven't heard that name spoken since I was a child." Mando explained.

"On Mandalore?" Greef questioned.

"No. I was not born on Mandalore." Mando sighed.

"But you're a Mandalorian...?" Greef seemed confused.

"Mandalorian isn't a race." Cara sighed.

"It's a creed." Mando muttered.
"I was a foundling. They raised me in the fighting core. I was treated as one of their own. When I came of age, I was sworn to the creed, any record of my family name was in the registers of Mandalore. Moff Gideon was an ISP officer during the purge. That's how I know it's him."

"That's how he knows who we all are." I sighed.
"He says he needs us, which means the child got away safely."

"I was worried when the Ugnaught didn't respond, but if they had captured the kid, we'd already be dead." Mando nodded.

"Call them again." Cara spoke as she grabbed her blaster.

"Come in Kuiil. Kuiil?" Mando spoke into the com-link but we only got silence in return.
"Nothing."

"They might have jammed the link." Cara suggested, when suddenly an excited squeal came from the com-link.

"Kuiil has been terminated." The voice of IG11 came through and my eyes widened.

"What did you do?" Mando asked into the com-link.

"I am fulfilling my base function."

"Which is?" Mando questioned.

"To nurse and protect." The droid responded, before the com-link went dead.
We waited a few minutes, all of us thinking to ourselves, when something caught the attention of the troopers outside.

"Look." Cara nodded towards some explosions outside and the sound of faint blaster fire pushed me to go and find out what was happening. It was IG11 on a speeder, the child in a bag attached to him.
He jumped off the speeder and it crashed, the explosion taking out a few troopers.

"Cover me." Mando moved towards the door as Cara jumped up onto the bar and opened fire. I followed Mando out into the fight, despite my weakened state, shooting at every storm trooper in range. A Deathtrooper managed to knock down Mando and I kicked him back, before shooting him several times. Mando got up off the ground and didn't waste a second, shooting the stormtroopers.
I watched IG11 fall and I thot the stormtrooper that got him, before Mando went and picked up the e-web, killing a whole bunch of stormtroopers. The door to the bar was blown open and I watched half a dozen stormtroopers head inside. I ran forward, going into the bar to see Cara and a bunch of dead men in white. There was a loud explosion from outside and I froze, seeing Mando on the ground, not moving.

"No." Cara mumbled and we both rushed outside.
"Y/N, cover me." She put he blaster down and picked up the Mandalorian, pulling him back into the bar. I shot anyone shooting at us, Greef and IG11 retreating inside with us.