Chapter 19

Vladimir - photo

Knox/Rafe POV

Oh thank you mood goddess...my mate is ready and wants us.

As I kissed down her neck to the spot where my mark will lay, she began to moan and rock harder against me. Tightening my hold on her, pressing her closed, increased the friction...yes right there baby.

Her skin was like silk under my fingertips. I loved caressing it as I made my way to her sensitive breasts. Oh how I loved her breasts. I could suck on her tight little nipples for hours...

ALPHA we have a visitor

Well shit. Easing back from Sophia, I gave here one last peck on the lips. Growling from frustration. Finally I have my mate where I want her...

What is it Alex.

Alpha, we have vampire at our boarder requesting a meeting with you.

Vampire? Dammit this better be good. Who?

It is Vladimir Alpha but he says it is pertaining to your mate.

Vladimir, what is he doing here? Okay, escort him in.

"Sophia baby, I am so sorry but it seems we have some visitors. Some vampires."

"Vampire! Vampires exist? Why the fuck am I just hearing about this now. Holy shit! What else exists? Wait it is daytime, how are they outside? Don't the catch fire or something? And..."

"Calm down baby. Yes vampires exist, but like us, they are not like what stories have portrayed them as. I will explain everything later okay? And I am sorry I didn't tell you others existed, I was just concentrating on our kind for now. You can ask the King of Vampires any questions you may have as you are about to meet him."

Sophia paled as I placed her on my desk, allowing her some time to gather herself.

"You are so dead for springing this on me...vampires...I mean seriously, what is this Twilight?"

"Funny baby, just don't say that in front of Vlad, he is very touchy when it comes to that movie. Let's just say the king does not have much of a sense of humor being compared to Edward. Oh and also be careful what you think as Vlad is excellent at reading minds."

"WHAT..."

The knocking at the door cut off whatever Sophia was about to say. Permitting entrance, the door opened as Alex and a few warriors escorted Vlad and his entourage inside.

"King Vladimir, welcome your highness, to what do I own the pleasure of this visit!" Walking around the desk so I stood in front of Sophia.

"Cut the bullshit Alpha Knox and give your brother a hug."

A gasp sounded behind me as Vlad and I did our bro hug, shoulder slapping greeting thing.

Yeah, maybe I should have mentioned that we were related. Well shit, my mate is going to be severely pissed at me now.

"So Vlad, how the hell are you and where is my sister?"

"Things are good my brother and your sister is doing fine. She stayed behind as baby Rose is teething and not a happy camper. She said she would come to visit soon, especially now that you have a new mate. I have to warn you though, she is very upset that you did not inform her sooner that you found your second mate. You know how Kelly gets. Now move aside and let me meet your beautiful mate so I can bring back the details to appease your sister."

Dammit, I guess in all that has happened in the last month, I totally forgot to call Kelly and let her know what is going on. My younger sister found her mate a few years ago. Her mate just happened to be not only a vampire, but the King of Vampires. Even though it was rare that shifters and vampires mated, but still accepted by both species. Mates were mates no matter what kind.

Kelly and Vlad were extremely happy and had baby Rose, my niece, six months ago. Becoming a father had definitely mellowed the very old vampire out. It was really quite funny to witness.

Moving aside, I helped Sophia down off the desk.

"Vlad, please meet my mate Sophia. Sophia, this is Vlad, my sister Kelly's husband, aka the King of Vampires."

"It is a pleasure to meet you. Um not sure what I call you? Sorry but this is all new to me...like two minutes new!"

"Ahh...you forgot to mention all about me, huh Knox, I feel hurt. Well my dear you may call me Vlad as I am now your brother-in-law. And I must say you are very beautiful. Knox is a lucky man."

Vlad's smile slowly faded as he greeted my mate. I knew from past experience he was reading her, one of his many talents. His gaze shifted to mine as confusion covered his face. Now what?

"Well that is interesting..."

"What Vlad? What is interesting?"

"Well Knox, it appears that I cannot read your mate."

"What do you mean? Knox what does he mean by not being able to read me?"

"Calm down baby, I am sure Vlad has an explanation as to why he cannot read you. And like I said earlier he can read not only thoughts but a person's soul, the essence of who they are. I am sure this has happened before, right Vlad?"

"Well brother, as a matter of fact, this has only happened once before to me...about 700 years ago, give or take a decade or so. I had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with a lovely young woman. Whom I could not read at all, much like your mate."

Vlad attempted to take a step closer to Sophia, but I jumped ahead of him growling a warning. I was not entirely sure what the hell was going on, but I did not want Sophia hurt in the process.

"Relax brother, I would never harm your mate. You have my word. I just wanted to hold her hand, to see if her soul willingly speaks to me. I have a hunch that she will. Please Sophia, I am just going to hold your hand, I mean no harm."

I trusted Vlad immensely. But he was the King of Vampires for a reason. One does not live over 1,000 years and not pick up a thing or two. For vampires, age correlates directly with their power. The older the vampire, the more powerful. Different gifts were granted to vampires every 50- 100 years. Most vampires became greedy or insane, therefore not making it past the age of 500 or so. But to live as long as he has showed great power and strength. So if he could not read my little mate, well that concerned me a bit.

Stepping aside I reassured Sophia that everything was fine and allowed Vlad to grab hold of her hand.

Instantaneously light filled the room, blinding us all for a few seconds.

Sophia screamed and collapsed into my arms.

Vlad stepped back with a smile on his face. It was the look of happiness, not terror that graced his face. What the hell just happened...

"Holy shit...well brother it appears I was correct, your little mate is very special."

Looking down at Sophia laying in my arms, her face appeared as if she was resting peacefully. As I caressed her cheek her eyes shot open.

What the hell...